Game engine looking good?

Nineshadow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2et9qAkHU

I've been working on this for a while.It's made in Java w/ LWJGL and SlickUtil(no pre-built engine or stuff like that).

Everything that's in it I learned from the web,I don't take programming at school,at least not currently.

I might do something with it.I really only wanted to get a solid engine,not to make a game out of it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Looks good but I don't like java as it's big and fat.

honestly, why does everyone say this?

have you actually programmed with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2et9qAkHU

I've been working on this for a while.It's made in Java w/ LWJGL(no pre-built engine or stuff like that).

Everything that's in it I learned from the web,I don't take programming at school,at least not currently.

I might do something with it.I really only wanted to get a solid engine,not to make a game out of it.

looks amazing for a java engine.

Just look at minecraft and how broken and slow it is.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Just look at minecraft and how broken and slow it is.

again, minecraft isn't the only java based 3D video game out there, it's not a good representation of java.

and broken and slow? runs just fine on my system.

Very cool.

What graphics test would be complete without the Stanford bunny?

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

I have and it is true that the garbage collection in JAVA is horrible. That doesn't mean that you can't do it yourself, but that's too much work for some.

Compared to many other languages, it is very bulky.  An good example is doing convolution in Java, I haven't personally tested it but I hear it is 10x faster when done in C rather than Java....I haven't tested it myself (I have a Java and C convolution, but I have never run it on similar devices).  I can say this though, from what I have seen Java does not do a good job when a lot of processing needs to be done, or where memory needs to be conserved.  In C# it is easy to reclaim unused memory, but in Java even System.GC isn't a guarentee (I know I have had an 50mb array that I needed to be cleared from memory....and even setting it to null and calling System.GC I was not able to call that function again without going over the memory limit...as it didn't clear the 50mb, I tried a similar thing in C# and it worked perfectly)

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Looks decent. But coding in java for a graphics engine.... 

Would recommend writing it in C. But just don't take my word for it, look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1569559/c-vs-java-for-game-programming

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

It'd be easier to just write the engine in C and underly a scripting feature that could use boo, ruby, python, javascript, C#, basic, and so on. 

Writing the wrapper wouldn't be difficult at all.

I personally prefer Unity3d though :P

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Nice work :)