no internet, drivers won't update

jesse_3634
Go to solution Solved by Shzzit,
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I hate armory crate.  It’s got all kinds of problems but it does do that.

Ya  I just use it for fresh installs then delete it.  Pretty much a free driver update app. 

this is my first build; windows can't find the drivers for: PCI Device RAID controller SM Bus controller and unknown device. I have tried uninstalling them that didn't work and videos aren't much help so is that the internet problem or is it something else  pls help, windows 11 conned to ethernet right now as typing 

1 hour ago, jesse_3634 said:

this is my first build; windows can't find the drivers for: PCI Device RAID controller SM Bus controller and unknown device. I have tried uninstalling them that didn't work and videos aren't much help so is that the internet problem or is it something else  pls help, windows 11 conned to ethernet right now as typing 

Is this a ryzen system?  Specs would be useful.  Do you have an off cpu flash system?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

sorry for lack of specs: intel core I3 12100f ,Asus prime h610m-e d4 motherboard, gtx 1080

edit I have not updated Bios/uefi

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Is this a ryzen system?  Specs would be useful.  Do you have an off cpu flash system?

bios not updated if that's what your asking 

Those are all chipset devices... Install the chipset driver for your motherboard

11 minutes ago, VladTheImpaler said:

Those are all chipset devices... Install the chipset driver for your motherboard

thanks a lot but how do I download them from the asus website and apply them 

bios not updated if that's what your asking 

No, that was just about the only thing I wasn’t asking.  It’s impossible for me to diagnose a computer if I don’t know what it is.  So whaja got?  For all I know you’ve got a PDP1170 (don’t look it up.  It’s an antique gigantic computer with lights and magnetic tape reels.  One of those things you see in the background of old science fiction movies.  Very foreign to anything modern and less powerful than a child’s digital watch)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, jesse_3634 said:

image.png.6518babe0a8f9b4a057ba1f152d48636.png

Does it look like this? Coz I have it too, every time I do a clean install its always there. I found that removing it, a few of the optional windows updates does the trick or using DriverEasy. My internet still works so I'm not sure if updating the drivers with DriverEasy or option updates would fix the issue. 

Are you using a pci wireless card or usb wireless adapter?

Edited by WackySpace

6 hours ago, WackySpace said:

image.png.6518babe0a8f9b4a057ba1f152d48636.png

Does it look like this? Coz I have it too, every time I do a clean install its always there. I found that removing it, a few of the optional windows updates does the trick or using DriverEasy. My internet still works so I'm not sure if updating the drivers with DriverEasy or option updates would fix the issue. 

Are you using a pci wireless card or usb wireless adapter?

usb adapter  windows is all up to date 

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

No, that was just about the only thing I wasn’t asking.  It’s impossible for me to diagnose a computer if I don’t know what it is.  So whaja got?  For all I know you’ve got a PDP1170 (don’t look it up.  It’s an antique gigantic computer with lights and magnetic tape reels.  One of those things you see in the background of old science fiction movies.  Very foreign to anything modern and less powerful than a child’s digital watch)

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

sorry for lack of specs: intel core I3 12100f ,Asus prime h610m-e d4 motherboard, gtx 1080

Go to your motherboards webpage and go to drivers and download needed drivers.  You can also download Asus armory create and it will scan for drivers and update.

Looks like chipset driver and something else.

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

29 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

Go to your motherboards webpage and go to drivers and download needed drivers.  You can also download Asus armory create and it will scan for drivers and update.

Looks like chipset driver and something else.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Ya  I just use it for fresh installs then delete it.  Pretty much a free driver update app. 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz