Project Hermes (900D, Titan-SLI)

Gishan

Nice build man, wish i had the space for a 900D  :(

LUCKY

YOU CAN AFFORD A 900D

:P

Great looking build! The only problem I have with it is that you're using a keyboard with a green backlight instead of red :P

Thanks!

The keyboard will be my next project - either buy a red one or change leds for red ones.

I know changing the leds is a lot of work and not easy to do, but it can be done: 

On the other hand I bought the keyboard not that long ago. So I may ebay it and buy a red one instead.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

Update 01

All the components lined up for a group photo. They are really missing the 900D... :(

MR4evZrl.jpg

The EKWB pakaging looks soooooo sexy

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

This is pretty close to what my new build is going to be like but im going with SLI 780s i7 4770K and Maximus VI Formula Nice job love the red and black.

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

What the hell kind of futuristic stuff do you have access to, and may I use your time

machine as well? :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Lmaoooo,"47770K"

must be some 0.1 watt tdp chip that runs at 10ghz with turbo/speedstep

I was thinking more along the lines of quantum computing. :D

Either way, I'm very jealous... :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I was thinking more along the lines of quantum computing. :D

Either way, I'm very jealous... :lol:

or i just hit the 7 key 1 extra time ........

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

or i just hit the 7 key 1 extra time ........

Why, why, why would you ruin the dream?! :lol:

Then again, that's probably what anyone who truly has a time machine and a

quantum computer would say... *conspiracy mode* :D

• 2 months later...

Update 09

Got a new camera and took some better pics with it.

pEU94uMl.jpg

N2LNn5Nl.jpg

ja6c0Zql.jpg

QaYfFZcl.jpg

rs8BuCnl.jpg

6BB85gpl.jpg

Still on my todo list:

• change LED strips (for better quality ones and maybe white light instead of red)
  • another 32 GB ram (for another vm and for looks of course)
  • 1x or 2x 840 Pros (for another vm)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

Your pc is making me drull. Its awesome really like it, red and black are my 2 favorite colors.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

+1 if you go white :)

Yes DO IT :P

Huh, I'm having a bit of a deja vu regarding this discussion. :lol:

Anyway, +1 for white LEDs.

Fantastic :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ST21i met Tapatalk 4

Huh, I'm having a bit of a deja vu regarding this discussion. :lol:

Anyway, +1 for white LEDs.

Yeah the exact same people too :lol:.

Yeah the exact same people too :lol:.

Yup.

EDIT:: We should found a club. :D

The white light club? sounds more like a religious cult....

I think I might join! Praise the white light! :D

Any suggestions for some good white LED strips? Bitfenix Alchemy?

I think I might join! Praise the white light! :D

Any suggestions for some good white LED strips? Bitfenix Alchemy?

Haha, that really does sound like the motto for a religious cult! :lol:

I have some Phobya LED strips, but to be honest I haven't been able to

test them thoroughly yet, let alone compare them to other products. I

could power up a strip tomorrow evening though and let you know what I

think of the light colour, even if I don't really have a direct comparison

for reference.