Is the LTT backpack water resistant on a motorcycle?

Aleks NE

Any motorcyclists here tested it in the rain? Most water-resistant/proof backpacks fail in the rain, even at 30mph. The LTT coming in at $350 USD with taxes and shipping to my parts of the world makes it the same price as my current Klim - with only a waterproof laptop compartment whilst everything else gets soaked, so it's actually an excellent deal, even in comparison to large adventure backpacks.

It's not designed to be water proof, only resistant. I'd need an actual rain cover to feel any sort of confidence. Or the classic "wrap it in a bin bag" trick that I used to do on the bike.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 8:46 PM, Aleks NE said:

Any motorcyclists here tested it in the rain? Most water-resistant/proof backpacks fail in the rain, even at 30mph. The LTT coming in at $350 USD with taxes and shipping to my parts of the world makes it the same price as my current Klim - with only a waterproof laptop compartment whilst everything else gets soaked, so it's actually an excellent deal, even in comparison to large adventure backpacks.

I'm also curious, especially living near the equator with heavy monsoons certain days of the year. Recent years have seen rains so torrential I can't see much in front. One big thing that makes it hard to find bags are bags that can survive heavy rains stationary. I mean if it's so heavy that you can't see 10 feet in front of you, you should probably find shelter, but sometimes the droplets are just big and fast but you can still see like a reasonable distance ahead.

I'm currently using Timbuk2's Especial Medio and Boundary Supply Prima and they've survived such weather, just a little small some times and not much organization for tech. But the problem with Boundary Supply is that some parts of the bag will just crumble after some time (probably due to my environment here), it's kinda ugly and I've never tried to see if it'll survive rain like that, but my laptop is away from it and the things that might be touched by water are things that aren't going to be damaged by rainwater, so I left it as is. But I'm always looking for that one backpack that's suitable for my needs. Only downside of the LTT backpack is that... It's not exactly slim, which is fine for riding but if you're walking like downtown NYC or Tokyo's downtown, it's not the easiest bag to move around in