Best motorized desk frame for 72x39” butcher block ?

Shzzit

Got a new butcher block for a desk and wanted a frame that moves up and down.

But there are hundreds of them on Amazon and I never heard of any of the brands.

Anyone know a good brand or frame that’s high quality? 

Looking for min 200 pounds lift, and prefer white.  Maybe 2-350 $ max.

Any tips welcome.

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

Edit: meant 72x39”. Not sure how I type 72x96, that would be nuts.

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

Jarvis Fully. It costs extra, but that isn't an easy payload. A wide config that doesn't wobble (and dual motor) is why it costs extra. 

My desk is 70" of hardwood and I've been using that frame for about 3 years now doing WFH, still goes up and down every day like a champ. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

10 hours ago, jake9000 said:

Jarvis Fully. It costs extra, but that isn't an easy payload. A wide config that doesn't wobble (and dual motor) is why it costs extra. 

My desk is 70" of hardwood and I've been using that frame for about 3 years now doing WFH, still goes up and down every day like a champ. 

Nice that’s great to hear, I jumped the gun and went ahead and bought one already , hope it’s good,

picked this one because it had 5 star with 3209 reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08C2CFNT2?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

And here’s the top I got, 72x49 1.5” thick.  Espresso stain.

Any tips on sealing it? 

image.png.5fefcb2edd5c6f49e423036e7747109f.png

I sealed mine with the cheap minwax tung oil finish (yes I know, not real tung oil) and then buffed it with a wax furniture polish to give it a little more of a gloss shine.  It's been about 2 years since I built it and it seems to be holding up well. 

IMG_20210309_181215695.jpg

7 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I sealed mine with the cheap minwax tung oil finish (yes I know, not real tung oil) and then buffed it with a wax furniture polish to give it a little more of a gloss shine.  It's been about 2 years since I built it and it seems to be holding up well. 

IMG_20210309_181215695.jpg

Wow very very nice.  Looks professional, I just hope my wood is not cracked or anything.  It’s arriving Wednesday.

So I should def seal it right?  Some reviews were saying the directions say to seal with in 24 hours of opening to prevent bowing. 

edit ,  also that PC looks sick AF. 

I caved and went all rgb this time haha

284D2EC4-D532-4C67-8009-F502DE13C8D9.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

Wow very very nice.  Looks professional, I just hope my wood is not cracked or anything.  It’s arriving Wednesday.

So I should def seal it right?  Some reviews were saying the directions say to seal with in 24 hours of opening to prevent bowing.

edit ,  also that PC looks sick AF. 

Thanks for the compliments.

On mine I ended up waiting about a week before I did the finishing.  I picked mine up from Home Depot and they looked nice and flat in the store but once I got them home and stacked the two boards on top of each other they were already bowed.  They also showed up that the top facing surface wasn't quite as smooth as I wanted so I spent that week sanding and smoothing as I was letting the humidity in the boards even out with my house.  Luckily as the moisture levels evened out they settled in to being flat enough for me.  I've been happy so far and they have been holding the same shape for me.