Looking to replace my tv with a short throw

DGenovese

I currently have a Samsung 4K 77” tv on my wall, I am looking for a short throw projector that I can put on the media center in front of the wall that is at least 4K, has decent colors, and possibly sound. Any and all help is appreciated.

budget is around 1-2k USD

I'd suggest waiting for a larger budget or changing your plans. Your budget will stretch much farther if you can use a mountable projector, otherwise ultra short throw projectors tend to be around $3000 to $5000 USD. Samsung, LG, and Hisense make some great projectors. Look for models that meet your needs regarding inputs, format support, etc. and find some reviews.

As for sound, even the most expensive projectors are pretty mediocre. If you want good sound get speakers or a decent soundbar.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I recommend Epson projectors and seeing what they offer. The LS300 is in your budget. I know there have something in each price range for UST projectors (under 2k, 3 to 5k, etc.)

I don't recommend mountable projectors for home use. They are sloppy, clunky, require a lot of planning (power, signal, placement), and the "good ones" cost as much or more. The market has changed a lot in the past five years. Prices have come down a lot.

9 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

Samsung, LG, and Hisense

No they don't. They are just home brands in the projector space.

2 hours ago, johnt said:

I recommend Epson projectors and seeing what they offer. The LS300 is in your budget. I know there have something in each price range for UST projectors (under 2k, 3 to 5k, etc.)

I don't recommend mountable projectors for home use. They are sloppy, clunky, require a lot of planning (power, signal, placement), and the "good ones" cost as much or more. The market has changed a lot in the past five years. Prices have come down a lot.

No they don't. They are just home brands in the projector space.

Really? My mistake. I didn't realize Epson's prices had come down so quickly. I would have sworn their 4K UST models were $3500 USD just mid last year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

3 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

Really? My mistake. I didn't realize Epson's prices had come down so quickly. I would have sworn their 4K UST models were $3500 USD just mid last year.

For the true 4k ones, they are. Any projector that claims 4k and under $2000 is just using pixel shift to get 4k from all of my research.