Having a hard time with choosing keyboards

AXLPLaZEReD

As the title suggests, I need help with choosing between the following keyboards.. note, Per key RGB customization and mechanical switches are a must, so please tell me if some of them do not have those.

Razer Blackwidow V3 Mini Hyperspeed (85eur used)

Razer Blackwidow Tournament Chroma (80eur used)

Razer Huntsman Tournament 1ms (80eur used)

HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL which I like) (110 EUR new)

HyperX Alloy Origins 65% ( 75eur used)

On 2/10/2023 at 5:08 AM, AXLPLaZEReD said:

As the title suggests, I need help with choosing between the following keyboards.. note, Per key RGB customization and mechanical switches are a must, so please tell me if some of them do not have those.

Razer Blackwidow V3 Mini Hyperspeed (85eur used)

Razer Blackwidow Tournament Chroma (80eur used)

Razer Huntsman Tournament 1ms (80eur used)

HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL which I like) (110 EUR new)

HyperX Alloy Origins 65% ( 75eur used)

none

trust me you will regret all those

On 2/12/2023 at 6:22 AM, AXLPLaZEReD said:

Nvm asking for help is useless these days 

Have you actually used any Razer products before?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

HyperX if you have to choose between those, Synapse software is endless headache interfering with programs and games

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

If you really want razer ill sell you my black widow v2 so I can finally be totally done with razer  🤣

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Okay, I will be getting the Alloy Origins Core then, brand new. 

On 2/13/2023 at 3:37 PM, Sarra said:

Have you actually used any Razer products before?

I didn't say that asking for help is useless nowadays because of that. I have said it because nowadays, you get totally different answers from the original question.

I asked which keyboard is the best from the list. So answer which one is the best from the list. Do not suggest "KBDFans" or "Keychron" like reddit did, because maybe I have a reason I did not include other keyboards.

Sure these keyboards arent the best, but they are what I have access to.

And yes, I have used a couple of Razer products. I have used a Razer Ornata Chroma, Deathadder Elite, and Kraken X. I actually really liked the mouse, but the keyboard was a mecha membrane and the headphones were... Comfortable but the sound was kinda ass.

41 minutes ago, AXLPLaZEReD said:

Okay, I will be getting the Alloy Origins Core then, brand new. 

I didn't say that asking for help is useless nowadays because of that. I have said it because nowadays, you get totally different answers from the original question.

I asked which keyboard is the best from the list. So answer which one is the best from the list. Do not suggest "KBDFans" or "Keychron" like reddit did, because maybe I have a reason I did not include other keyboards.

Sure these keyboards arent the best, but they are what I have access to.

And yes, I have used a couple of Razer products. I have used a Razer Ornata Chroma, Deathadder Elite, and Kraken X. I actually really liked the mouse, but the keyboard was a mecha membrane and the headphones were... Comfortable but the sound was kinda ass.

The biggest problem with your list: I've used 6 Razer products, 4 were keyboards. Of the 4 keyboards, all 4 were either DOA, or died within 12 hours of purchase.

There's nothing good that I can say, I literally have nothing but negative experience with their keyboards.

I also purchased a mouse, and while it looked and felt amazing, it was also DOA.

The only Razer device I have owned that has been an absolute unit, and I'm sure it's entirely due to sheer luck, is my Nostromo. I've had it for nearly 12 years, and it just keeps going.

So, the only thing I can recommend is Corsair K70, and Ducky. Nothing else has worked for me.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, lw88 said:

That's like saying "I've had nothing but bad experience with seagate/corsair/MSI/Asus/gigabyte/samsung." It doesn't actually mean that much. It literally only means that you got a few DOA devices. Not that the company is unreliable. Documented QC issues like samsung monitors mean something. Razer keyboards are fine if you find them for the right price. Which is about the same as whatever generic mechanical is on the market at that point in time.

Yes, except it's pretty common that Razer stuff has a horrible record when it comes to reliability. There are many people that have reported problems with DOA, or extremely short lived products. I absolutely will not recommend any Razer products based on this, and hand waving that away is a great way to waste someone else's time.

Unless you are in the middle of nowhere, you probably have way bigger selection than what you've described. Pass on these (unless free/dirt cheap) and get something else, if anything at all.

If you really want to go with a big brand - Logitech would be my suggestion. No experience with HyperX, but didn't hear much about it that would suggest excellence.