Orca VIP Sold out in Seconds........

Solinus

I was ready with everything but there were only 12 Orca VIP tickets? That's crazy...bleh. Really bummed as I did everything possible to check out quickly. 

Same here.. I have to travel from Europe so LTX is once-in-a-lifetime for me. I had everything ready and set-up and didn't even make it the 5 seconds to the checkout screen. During checkout the office tours sold out..

I'm devastated

Yep same. I wanted the tours more than anything else. 😢

Yeah, it was an insane fight for me to get office tour tickets. During checkout i had to change time slots 3 different times before i was able to check out in time. i knew these tickets would go quickly.

Well I was able to get the tours. 

I thought I wouldn't be able to get it cuz I was group buying for one more person, especially when filling out the info.

And yea, with 2020/2021/2022 being cancelled, this one was def being the 'make sure you get your tickets quick', with the amount of hype this year's going to be.

Can't wait to meet you all there!

P.S - i paid $950 for everything. curse you exchange rate. (merch packs, tours, and byoc ticket). As I mentioned, I was also buying for a friend of mine since he was currently at work. 

I'm really disappointed. I got everything purchased for travel over a month ago. Had all my ducks in a row for the LTX site. Everything was (and still is) in my cart...I really hope they add more office tours and labs tours. 

What doesn't help is that becasue of the cancellations likely quite a bunch of available spots went to people who had tickets for the previous events.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'm sure that's the case. And that makes sense that they get first dibs, but still sucks.

Sorry y'all... It's the first event in 4 years and there seems to be some pent-up demand... 😞

As some people already mentioned, many of the VIP tickets went to people who were supposed to have VIP experiences at LTX 2020 (RIP), and while we *could* have simply quadrupled our VIP tickets, it wouldn't be very VIP that way. 

We had to try to find a balance and this was the best we could do. 

Regardless of what kind of ticket you have I look forward to seeing you there 🙂

What i'm really surprised though is that I thought the site would just not function properly, since it was practically going to be ddosed when tickets go on sale.

It's a good thing they were using 3rd party apps to help alleviate this (Cloudflare, Shopify, and prob other tools that I didn't see).

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Sorry y'all... It's the first event in 4 years and there seems to be some pent-up demand... 😞

As some people already mentioned, many of the VIP tickets went to people who were supposed to have VIP experiences at LTX 2020 (RIP), and while we *could* have simply quadrupled our VIP tickets, it wouldn't be very VIP that way. 

We had to try to find a balance and this was the best we could do. 

Regardless of what kind of ticket you have I look forward to seeing you there 🙂

Thanks Linus. Appreciate the response. I get the VIP thing. What about those of us who just want to take a tour of the office and labs? I think many of us who couldn't get VIP tickets would love to at least have a chance to do that. After I was unsuccessful getting VIP tickets, I couldn't get tour tickets either because they kept selling out from under me. 

One other thought I had...and not sure how possible this is, but for next year maybe it would be helpful to put people in a drawing for VIP. And just to keep to it limited to folks who are serious about VIP or other specific add-ons (like tours), you could require a deposit (say $100 USD). Everyone who is interested would have to pre-register and when it's their turn to order they have up to a 4 or 8 hour window to complete the purchase (not unlike what EVGA did for their RTX 3000 series queues). I feel like this would be much less chaotic and would be more fair for everyone so that if the purchase they wanted to make wasn't available they could easily pivot from let's say an Orca package to a Dolphin or even a two day pass with the tour add-ons. As it sits right now, I'm sure many of us feel like we got our legs taken out from under us twice or more because we couldn't downgrade fast enough when what we wanted wasn't available. 

35 minutes ago, Solinus said:

Everyone who is interested would have to pre-register and when it's their turn to order they have up to a 4 or 8 hour window to complete the purchase

That only works if there are fewer people interested than available slots. If there are 100 slots and 1000 people pre-register, window or not 900 people will end up disappointed. Probably more disappointed if they didn't get it when there was a window just for them and it wasn't "fair game" with everyone else.

We have a "deal a day" kind of store here that over the years has done quite a few offers where demand would be orders of magnitude more than supply, had the website crash completely etc, and what they've settled for after many things is basically a random draw and it's extremely boring, and not better for the buyer. I.e. when it's time anyone "registers", then has to wait to see if they're drawn or not for "having the option to go through with their order". Doesn't help one bit with planning...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Fair enough. I just figured there might be a somewhat better way, but I get that no matter what you do there will be some left out or unhappy. 

2 hours ago, Solinus said:

Fair enough. I just figured there might be a somewhat better way, but I get that no matter what you do there will be some left out or unhappy. 

Well, i just looked at their website again out of curiosity, and as of 5:51 pm est, there's one slot available for an office tour.

image.png.8439ec780c14023d19593bb9cacda46a.png

So hopefully, you are able to cop that time slot.

too bad you're not on discord. seems like that's the first place these openings are being posted. there's one that just opened for labs

I was surprised as well about these being sold out so quickly, but now that I understand that some of these were already reserved for people who wanted to attend in 2020... Completely understantable.  Congrats to all those folks, thanks for hanging in there.  3 years is quite the re-schedule.  🙂

I am really looking forward to coming.  I will be flying accross the country from Ontario.  This is the first time I have been to Vancouver.  Also, this is the first time I have been to a LAN party.