is 1 tb enopgh

GOATWD
Go to solution Solved by Dukesilver27-,

For being a main drive, sure it is. But, you shouldn't just have an SSD if you do video editing, the higher the resolution you work with, the more storage you need.

So, I'd advise a 1tb SSD with a 2tb HDD at least.

im making a bulid with a crusial p3 is 1 tb enogh for gaming and video edeting or should i instal a 2tb hd to

1TB is plenty to start out with. If you need more space, just add an ssd

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

3 minutes ago, GOATWD said:

im making a bulid with a crusial p3 is 1 tb enogh for gaming and video edeting or should i instal a 2tb hd to

for video saving, no its not enough, i have external drives for that, ull be better off with 2tb nvme, if you want to go HDD and have the money for it, 4tb is a safe option, i have 2x3tb drives and both together are 75% full from streams and video editing

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

For being a main drive, sure it is. But, you shouldn't just have an SSD if you do video editing, the higher the resolution you work with, the more storage you need.

So, I'd advise a 1tb SSD with a 2tb HDD at least.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

4 hours ago, GOATWD said:

That entirely depends on how much you want to keep installed and how much free space you want to keep (SSDs slow down as the drives fill sometimes quite a lot after 80%).  I have 13.36"TB" of SSD space and 14"TB" of spinning drives (8TB is a mirror).  I'm only using about 4-5TB of SSD space though.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

I started with a single 2tb drive. Then, I added a 2tb SATA SSD. Both are full. I added a second 2tb SSD, and a 1tb SSD at some point... Now I'm thinking about replacing my 1tb SATA drive with a 4tb SATA SSD.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022