My pc wont boot on 24gb ram 8x8x8gb

Go to solution Solved by da na,
3 minutes ago, Grimorum7x said:

Yes in using b450m mortar max ryzen 5 3600

Yeah, AMD systems have always been pickier about memory. You'll need 32gb or 64gb.

Side note, sizes such as 12, 24, 48, and 96GB are usually LGA 1366 ram sizes, as that's a socket with three channels per CPU, therefore your ram sizes will be multiples of three at full channel population with dual CPUs. Consumer grade boards since the early '00s all have 2 or 4 slots so as a generalization your ram sizes need to be distributed across two channels/four slots.

In very confuse right now. Actually im buying new single stick vengeance rs rgb and my old vengeance pro rgb.

im using slot 2,3,4 which is recommended by some forum. So the issue is when i try put on slot 2,3,4 or 1,2,4 it wont boot.. 

so i try another old slot 2,4 but pair with old stick and new stick.. suprise it boot!! 

but when i install 2,3,4 it wont boot .. led ram was showing red🙂. Can someone help me?? Every trying new troubelshoot im using screwdriver on clear bios 2 pin ..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | RAM: 32GB (2x8GB) Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4-3600 (White) | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Mortar Max | Storage: 1TB Samsung 990 Pro & 500gb NVME Kingston & 4TB Seagate & 1TB WD blue & 1TB 2.5 HDD WD | GPU: Zotac Intrinity OC RTX 3080 TI | Cooling: AMD PRISM | Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow | PSU: Superflower 850W

Iircc you can only populate a mobo with 1, 2 or 4 sticks. Not 3.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Iircc you can only populate a mobo with 1, 2 or 4 sticks. Not 3.

Why in some forum i saw there is a step 3 stick? So i can buy another ram corsair different kit with out any issue it okey?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | RAM: 32GB (2x8GB) Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4-3600 (White) | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Mortar Max | Storage: 1TB Samsung 990 Pro & 500gb NVME Kingston & 4TB Seagate & 1TB WD blue & 1TB 2.5 HDD WD | GPU: Zotac Intrinity OC RTX 3080 TI | Cooling: AMD PRISM | Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow | PSU: Superflower 850W

1 minute ago, Mel0n. said:

Some chipsets you can. LGA771/775 is the pickiest of modern times. 

OP, what CPU and board/chipset? Let me guess, Ryzen?

I couldn't fully recall, I still go off the old rule of thumb I gre up on. 1,2,4. :shrug:

Thanks for stepping in.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

I couldn't fully recall, I still go off the old rule of thumb I gre up on. 1,2,4. :shrug:

Thanks for stepping in.

That's certainly the way it was with 386 IIRC. To populate the 64-bit memory bus you had to populate either 4 or 8 slots, or... no POST. 

My 771 server is awful as well. I have to install 6 sticks at a time for it to be happy. 12 total slots, 6 per CPU. It has three 'channels' per CPU, two sticks each but the IMC can handle only two channels per CPU... yknow what, I have no clue why it's like this. 

8 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Some chipsets you can. LGA771/775 is the pickiest of modern times. 

OP, what CPU and board/chipset? Let me guess, Ryzen?

3 minutes ago, Grimorum7x said:

Yeah, AMD systems have always been pickier about memory. You'll need 32gb or 64gb.

Side note, sizes such as 12, 24, 48, and 96GB are usually LGA 1366 ram sizes, as that's a socket with three channels per CPU, therefore your ram sizes will be multiples of three at full channel population with dual CPUs. Consumer grade boards since the early '00s all have 2 or 4 slots so as a generalization your ram sizes need to be distributed across two channels/four slots.

4 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Thanks for new information. Im still learning on pc part. I need to find 1 more stick same sku 😂