need help picking PSU and CPU cooler

So I never really picked up how exactly to choose a PSU, I could use some tips on how to get exact numbers of Watts, because I just can't find how many Watts will for example RAM or motherboard need.

Below are the parts that I picked so far, GPU IS A PLACEHOLDER FOR NOW, IT MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON FINAL BUDGET (I don't have a final budget yet, so more expensive parts don't have to mean worse GPU), thats why I need generic tips on how to pick a PSU, I also need help with CPU cooler, because I am not really sure how I am supposed to pick cheapest cooler that can cool an i5 13th gen, I just need something to look for in a cooler or some recommendations for some cheap cooler, I don't really care about looks, I just need it to cool my CPU for the lowest possible price.

I also wasn't too sure about what motherboard to choose, I don't need anything super expensive, I just want one that will work fine with my components, so I will be glad for any recommendations. If there is anything else that I could change, please let me know, I am aiming for a decent value/price gaming PC that is as future proof as possible.

Also I am from czechia and I will be buying parts from either alza.cz or czc.cz as it's just better for me than for example amazon.

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF

CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fera 5
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P 

RAM: Kingston FURY 32GB KIT DDR5 5600MHz CL40 Beast Black RGB

SSD: Samsung 980 1TB (I will also use 1TB HDD from my current PC)

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev. 2.0) PLACEHOLDER FOR NOW

Case: I didn't pick a case yet, I don't really care about looks that much, I will find something that's not too expensive later.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 minute ago, vafle said:

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600KF

CPU Cooler: SilentiumPC Fera 5
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P 

RAM: Kingston FURY 32GB KIT DDR5 5600MHz CL40 Beast Black RGB

SSD: Samsung 980 1TB (I will also use 1TB HDD from my current PC)

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev. 2.0) PLACEHOLDER FOR NOW

Case: I didn't pick a case yet, I don't really care about looks that much, I will find something that's not too expensive later

In terms of cooler, you got many choices, but its all on what you want to do with your 13600KF. There's a lot of option for Noctuas in there in... kinda fine price. I recommend NH-U12S, Arctic Freezer 34 Dual, and Hyper 212 for stock or almost stock, with Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 being a good AIO option.

For PSU, youd want 750-850W to avoid tripping OCPs. RM850x by Corsair and Focus Gold by Seasonic is the only few i can find at good price compared to rest of the EU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

36 minutes ago, vafle said:

I just need it to cool my CPU for the lowest possible price.

https://www.czc.cz/endorfy-fera-5/362188/produkt
Something like this should work, I don't speak Czech so I couldn't really search the website but this will work just fine if you don't plan on OCing.

So I never really picked up how exactly to choose a PSU

I usually use this list

I could use some tips on how to get exact numbers of Watts

Power consumption of CPU + power consumption of GPU + at least 100W is what i use.
For example, a Ryzen 5 5600X with an RX 6700XT should draw about 450-500W, so I would go for a 550W-600W PSU.
It also depends on what accessories you run, get more if you have a LOT of fans, HDDs and so on. Newer GPUs tend to have bad transient spikes that require a good PSU or a lot of extra wattage to compensate for.

Edited by Bismut
Transient spikes

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

9 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

In terms of cooler, you got many choices, but its all on what you want to do with your 13600KF. There's a lot of option for Noctuas in there in... kinda fine price. I recommend NH-U12S, Arctic Freezer 34 Dual, and Hyper 212 for stock or almost stock, with Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 being a good AIO option.

For PSU, youd want 750-850W to avoid tripping OCPs. RM850x by Corsair and Focus Gold by Seasonic is the only few i can find at good price compared to rest of the EU.

Thanks a lot! What about the other parts I chose? I am mainly looking for any tips about motherboard and RAM, as I am not really sure how to choose the ones that will work the best with the rest of the PC and not pay too much, I chose DDR5 to be ready for games in the future, but that was about it.

1 minute ago, vafle said:

I am mainly looking for any tips about motherboard and RAM

What ports and features do you need from your Motherboard? I pick mine based off of that. RAM is mostly a question of budget and how much speed makes sense, I wouldn't go above DDR4 3600Mt/s with Ryzen.

2 minutes ago, vafle said:

I chose DDR5 to be ready for games in the future

Future proofing is a fool's errand, technology is too volatile to really predict what is going to happen. You can still go with DDR4 nowadays, it is cheaper and the performance difference isn't huge. Just select RAM based on the motherboard you end up choosing.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?