Should I get this laptop? Are there better options?

skaran27

I am looking for a new laptop and I came across this one just released what do you guys think? Are there better options?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

Link updated

Looking to game for school as well as a bit of video editing nothing to grand..Leaning towards the 16gb version..Talk me out of it. haha

Link goes to an empty shopping cart for me.

Spoiler

You need to link it directly to the laptop. Linking us to your cart will not work for us.

Link goes to an empty shopping cart for me.

You need to link it directly to the laptop. Linking us to your cart will not work for us.

Your link is broken...  :mellow:

Link updated guys sorry :(

depends on what you're going to use it for.

Link updated guys sorry :(

We could use some more info, such as what exactly you are going to be using it for. Gaming on the couch at home? School? Video editing and 3D modeling? What's your total budget (and in what currency)? I have the Y500 which is very close to this model, and it's a great little powerhouse, but I do have some criticisms. I would not recommend it for someone who has to go to school and can't be near an outlet, as the battery usually only lasts me about 2-2:30 hours. The trackpad is pretty terrible, you really have to use a mouse to get any real work done. I couldn't click without making the cursor twitch if you pointed a gun to my head.

Spoiler

I'd only buy the first one for 1,299, in my opinion. I don't see a reason to buy the other ones since the only thing they change is the HDD, screen and RAM.

That's just if you need a laptop.

depends on what you're going to use it for.

I am using this computer for school as well as gaming as well as a bit of video editing nothing to grand. Looking at the 16gb one.

If you don't mind the short battery life then this laptop is good for you. But as

We could use some more info, such as what exactly you are going to be using it for. Gaming on the couch at home? School? Video editing and 3D modeling? What's your total budget (and in what currency)? I have the Y500 which is very close to this model, and it's a great little powerhouse, but I do have some criticisms. I would not recommend it for someone who has to go to school and can't be near an outlet, as the battery usually only lasts me about 2-2:30 hours. The trackpad is pretty terrible, you really have to use a mouse to get any real work done. I couldn't click without making the cursor twitch if you pointed a gun to my head.

he said, you probably have to be near a outlet most of the time.

For school use, I personally would recommend a laptop with good batter life from personal experience. And unless you're not doing heavy intense video editing, ultrabooks are just fine for gaming and video editing.

Holy balls that promotion makes it really cheap compared to other options... Go for it this seems to be a very good machine.

EDIT: Yeah well except battery life, that is going to suck sorry. My 13" MacBook Pro has a 71 Watt-Hour battery and that is an ultra book.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Maybe the Gigabyte P35k v2 (I think that is what it is called) which is not currently out yet. It supports 2 HDDs and M-SATA or M.2 drives as well as a hot-swappable ODD and it is .1 of an inch thinner than the Y50.