How do you guys not get dizzy while playing at 60 FPS?

Go to solution Solved by johnno23,

ermm nope no issues here. I use 144hz nano ips ultragear and my wife is using my previous 60hz Dell 34 ultrawide ultra sharp ips monitor. I often have to go and give her a hand in things as a game where she is stuck or cannot handle a situation. only difference is that I can play games without no screen tearing now as some f the titles in my library had issue on 60hz. especially roads in a game it was a noticable but blur ??? then again I am an absolute hater of motion blur in games and since forever I have alwasy switched that off in settings on every game I ever play or played.

60 Hz is very likely still the most common refresh rate to play at.

I just gave it a shot for an hour, everything looked blurry whenever I moved my camera, couldn't focus a thing 🤔

Could it be that most people just got used to that blurriness? Once you go 120+ Hz is so hard to go back...

ermm nope no issues here. I use 144hz nano ips ultragear and my wife is using my previous 60hz Dell 34 ultrawide ultra sharp ips monitor. I often have to go and give her a hand in things as a game where she is stuck or cannot handle a situation. only difference is that I can play games without no screen tearing now as some f the titles in my library had issue on 60hz. especially roads in a game it was a noticable but blur ??? then again I am an absolute hater of motion blur in games and since forever I have alwasy switched that off in settings on every game I ever play or played.

14 minutes ago, Hi P said:

60 Hz is very likely still the most common refresh rate to play at.

I just gave it a shot for an hour, everything looked blurry whenever I moved my camera, couldn't focus a thing 🤔

Could it be that most people just got used to that blurriness? Once you go 120+ Hz is so hard to go back...

Human body's capability to adapt is high.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Honestly there isn't that huge a difference to me.  60 fps if it is stable is completely fine.  Lower than that doesn't make me "dizzy" just annoyed if it's choppy.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Fun story, I have a friend who has some neurological problems and she swears to god she can't see more than 25-30 fps.

She was playing some game and a friend an I noticed her fps was like 30 and asked her how could she play like that. 

We gave her one of those online fps test tools. She said she can't see a any difference between 30, 60 and 144 fps.

While most people can def notice that there is a difference between 60 and 120 its typically a lot less than you think.  Once you hit above a smooth like 75, 99% of people aren't going to see the difference.  I've been running everything at 120 that performs that well at 4K on my new hardware but for me as long as its above 60, I'm honesty not gonna care too much. I've never played a single game that looks "blurry" at 60 v 120 when you move the camera unless the game has motion blur option, which I always turn off as I hate it. 

If you haven't made the switch to higher refresh rate, it's not an issue. Basically you can't notice what you are missing if you haven't experienced it yet. Kinda like you can't miss chocolate before you tried it first. Once you get used to above 120Hz though, everything under 100Hz becomes extremely noticeable, especially 60Hz. Eyes start to strain more, you brain feels abused and tired, some even get motion sickness. Getting down from above 200Hz to 120Hz-144Hz isn't a big deal, you don't feel it as much, but from 120Hz even to 75Hz is a giant gap, let alone 60Hz. I have 2 60Hz monitors (one is IPS the other VA) which now stay in my wardrobe, because i just can't stand looking at them next to my 165Hz main one.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |