Blizzard Working On Unannounced ‘Epic’ Next-Gen Multiplayer Game

Source

Blizzard's 'Jobs Directory'

I read this earlier, wondering what kind of game this could be? I've read threads about a 'Project Titan' or something similar about a month ago, but I'm not sure that this is the same thing.

The source includes more information, and it is a report on the fact that Blizzard have recently posted fresh job listings for recruitment of personnel that may indicate that a new title is incoming.

The postings simply describe the project as 'Blizzard's next epic Title'

• Concept Artist
  • Lead Technical Artist
  • 3D Character Artist
  • 3D Weapons Artist
  • 3D Character Animator
  • Environment Artist
  • Lead 3D Character Artist
  • Lead Producer
  • Level Designer
  • Senior Art Manager

Sorry if this is posted already because it is in fact the subject of the post I read a month or so ago, but maybe someone here has some more info if not.

Maybe it's a sequel to the ageing World of Warcraft? It does sound more like an arena game from the article but you can't be sure, however it sure smells like new IP to me.

Cant be a sequal to WoW because that game is and only will ever be on PC, and by saying "Next Gen" it suggests it will be on consoles. maybe its Diablo IV

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Cant be a sequal to WoW because that game is and only will ever be on PC, and by saying "Next Gen" it suggests it will be on consoles. maybe its Diablo IV

I disagree that a sequel could not be multi platform, ESO and FFXIV are both recent PC MMO's that have console versions, it is possible to do both.

The success Blizzard have enjoyed from making Diablo III multi platform (and about to be expanded again onto PS4 and Xbox One) might have made for some interesting conversations in the boardroom.

I disagree that a sequel could not be multi platform, ESO and FFIVX are both recent PC MMO's that have console versions coming, it is possible to do both.

The success Blizzard have enjoyed from making Diablo III multi platform (and about to be expanded again onto PS4 and Xbox One) might have made for some interesting conversations in the boardroom.

Yea but WoW is not a recent game...

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Yea but WoW is not a recent game...

Nobody is speculating that the original title is to receive a console release.

mMkkl0ahqJh1WsGeOkWtlaA.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

But a second WoW would probably not do too well, but on the otherhand the first isnt on consoles so there is a hole unharnessed market

mMkkl0ahqJh1WsGeOkWtlaA.jpg

This was only released a year or two afterwards but i see your point

Don't think it's a new Diablo since last I heard they asked if people were interested in a new expansion and it seemed like there was a lot of interest. Maybe it's a new IP.

Warcraft 4 is the dream!

Yeah, I bet there's a lot of people who are clucking for a sequel to Warcraft 3, it was a very good and very popular game.

this has been kinda been known for years. like three + years if it's "titan" they're talking about. yeah it's been known for awhile now

most likely heroes of the storm or maybe even hearthstone

Except that Hearthstone is already released and Heroes of the Storm is in a non-NDA Family and Friends alpha stage. .

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I wish it were Warcraft 4...

I considered that, then I considered that Warcraft isn't by definition a 'multiplayer' title despite the fact it does have a multiplayer. I then considered that it could instead be a 'Warcraft Online' type venture similar to Age of Empires Online, which would be defined as a multiplayer title.

All speculation of course but an interesting thought.

Does this have anything to do with the Titan project that got scrapped and is being done all over again? 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I considered that, then I considered that Warcraft isn't by definition a 'multiplayer' title despite the fact it does have a multiplayer. I then considered that it could instead be a 'Warcraft Online' type venture similar to Age of Empires Online, which would be defined as a multiplayer title.

All speculation of course but an interesting thought.

Yeah, precisely why I don't dream about it... I really doubt it will be Warcraft 4.

Yeah, I bet there's a lot of people who are clucking for a sequel to Warcraft 3, it was a very good and very popular game.

Except WoW was the story-wise sequel to Warcraft 4, so they'd confuse the crap out of anyone who played 3 then skipped the lore of WoW and played the new Warcraft 4 story, unless they threw all logic out and made it a sequel anyway.

Isn't this the Titan game though? Thought I heard about this a year ago.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Except WoW was the story-wise sequel to Warcraft 4, so they'd confuse the crap out of anyone who played 3 then skipped the lore of WoW and played the new Warcraft 4 story, unless they threw all logic out and made it a sequel anyway.

Thats what Im thinking as well, theres no way it could be anything else. Even that description sounds like the game has a futuristic setting. Since the game is being redone from the ground up including the dev team this makes perfect sense.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I think they are talking about Titan, which is known for a long time now.

Lore wise it'd be a mess yes, and the article states it's a multiplayer title by definition and that isn't how I'd describe W3, I speculated above about a 'Warcraft Online' title, but that's just speculation to fit the bill.

I did mention in OP that this could be the same thing as 'Titan' but I don't know much about that.

Thats what Im thinking as well, theres no way it could be anything else. Even that description sounds like the game has a futuristic setting. Since the game is being redone from the ground up including the dev team this makes perfect sense.

Could be a Warcraft prequal.

Could be a Warcraft prequal.

Yea it could, unfortunately we won't know anything for another 2-3 years.