Windows 10 installation not recognized anymore

TensaYamato

Hello,

I have the problem that the installation of Windows 10 on my main drive (E:) is not recognized anymore, meaning I can't boot from it anymore. It is treated as there is no OS on the drive.

This happened after I tried to install Ubuntu on another drive (F:), but encountered an error after selecting it for installation.

Now I can only boot the Windows 10 on my old HDD (C:). I tried to configure the Boot Manager, as that would always show up when I booted my pc so I could select one of the two Windows 10 installations. But the Boot Manager doesn't recognize the installation on my E: drive.

As far as I can see the E: drive didn't change and it really shouldn't have. All I did was moving files from the drive where I wanted to put Ubuntu on (F:) to a brand new drive (D:) and then tried to install Ubuntu on the now empty one.

I want to avoid having to reinstall Windows on my E: drive and potentielly losing data, so if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Use EasyBCD to add the boot entry of your Windows 10 installation to the boot loader

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Use EasyBCD to add the boot entry of your Windows 10 installation to the boot loader

Am I seeing it right that the version for Windows 10 costs $39.99 ?

2 minutes ago, TensaYamato said:

Am I seeing it right that the version for Windows 10 costs $39.99 ?

Use the free version:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3112-easybcd.html

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

38 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I downloaded that version, but when I try to execute it it tries to open the windows store. At first I thought I'm in S mode, where windows doesn't allow external apps, but it doesn't look like I am. At least my windows version doesn't say "in S mode" like I saw in a few videos. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Vishera said:

Okay, I managed to fix the issue with the program you posted.

The six-year-old version of Windows on my HDD just didn't want to start it because it was severely out of date. So after 4 or so hours of Windows updates I could finally start it.

In the program I just had to add an entry for my E: drive to the boot manager and restart. In the boot manager that showed up I selected the new entry, and it booted from the E: drive perfectly fine.

Thanks for the help, you're a lifesaver!