Spatial Sound options no longer selectable after rebuild

BRB1993
Go to solution Solved by mononymous,
22 hours ago, BRB1993 said:

What do you reckon I should do?

Remove audio related drivers with Device Manager.

So, Realtek and EPOS.

Connect EPOS headphone and check whether that works.

After that install Realtek drivers and any other audio related accessories / software if you have.

Like the title says. I recently rebuilt my PC, and I'm happy to say that everything is running like a dream. With my new motherboard, I was provided a full license for DTS Sound Unbound and DTS:X Ultra. I thought that it would work with my headset, which apparently isn't supported, but can still be used to some effect. However, I found out that I can't select any spatial sound related options with my headset, despite having been able to do so with the same headset before the rebuild. The option for DTS has disappeared and the option for Windows Sonic for Headphones is greyed out and unselectable.

I've searched high and low for a solution to this issue, but nothing has worked thus far. Audio is in stereo. Drivers are up-to-date. 'Enabling' spatial audio via the sound control panel didn't work, and only appears with the 'Off' option for the headset. I've even tried plugging the dongle for the headset into different USB ports on my PC. I'm unsure what to do next. I've posted this on multiple Reddit pages and haven't received any help. I suspect that Realtek Audio is somehow responsible as it wasn't something installed in my previous build. Currently, I can select three different audio sources. My headset, my monitor, and Realtek Digital Output. All of the spatial sound options are fully selectable for my monitor and Realtek Digital Output.

Here are my current specs, excluding the case and fans, in case it helps:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX (Upgrade)

GPU: Nvidia EVGA 3070 ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Previous build)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (Upgrade)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 (Upgrade)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RS 32GB DDR4 (Upgrade)

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 850W (Previous build)

Monitor: Acer Nitro VG272UP 1440p 144Hz (Previous build)

Headset: EPOS|Sennheiser GSP 370 (Previous build)

I've included some screenshots showing what I mean. Any help would be much appreciated.

GSP 370.png

GSP370.png

Selecting Monitor Audio.png

Selecting Monitor Audio1.png

GSP 370 Properties via Settings, Sound.png

Monitor Sound Properties via Settings, Sound.png

The only thing I can think of is having the wrong drivers automatically installing on the GSP. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

4 hours ago, mononymous said:

The only thing I can think of is having the wrong drivers automatically installing on the GSP. 

I initially had the EPOS|Sennheiser Gaming Suite installed, which is supposed to be a driver of sorts. You're supposed to be able to connect the dongle for the headset into the PC and have it sort itself and the drivers out itself without the Gaming Suite installed.

22 hours ago, BRB1993 said:

So, Realtek and EPOS.

After that install Realtek drivers and any other audio related accessories / software if you have.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

7 hours ago, mononymous said:

So, Realtek and EPOS.

YOU LITTLE RIPPA! It worked! Thank you!

It turns out that an older version of the same headset driver was still installed and it was conflicting with the newer version. I uninstalled both versions and reconnected the headset. I can now select all available spatial sound settings. Thank you again!

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2023 at 3:34 PM, BRB1993 said:

YOU LITTLE RIPPA! It worked! Thank you!

It turns out that an older version of the same headset driver was still installed and it was conflicting with the newer version. I uninstalled both versions and reconnected the headset. I can now select all available spatial sound settings. Thank you again!

Hello, how exactly did you delete the older drivers, I'm having same prob