Touchpad going crazy when charging.

I have an old Dell laptop lying around, and whenever I keep it on charging, the touchpad gets extremely inaccurate, until I remove the adapter. Does anybody face this same issue on older laptops and is there a way to fix it?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

1 hour ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

I have an old Dell laptop lying around, and whenever I keep it on charging, the touchpad gets extremely inaccurate, until I remove the adapter. Does anybody face this same issue on older laptops and is there a way to fix it?

Have you tried to use a grounded outlet?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

stupid question, but does a USB mouse work?

8 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Have you tried to use a grounded outlet?

Not to much into electrical stuff, so what the heck is that?

Microsoft owns my soul.

7 hours ago, Tom_nerd said:

stupid question, but does a USB mouse work?

Yes, a stupid question indeed. Mouse works but the existence of a touchpad on a laptop matters.

Microsoft owns my soul.

@DoctorNick@Tom_nerd@powertoys

I have heard that is sometimes happens in older laptops and in mobile phones too because the touchpad/touchscreen is located right above the battery, and the battery while charging can interfere with the touchpad/touchscreen. So....

Microsoft owns my soul.

22 minutes ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

@DoctorNick@Tom_nerd@powertoys

I have heard that is sometimes happens in older laptops and in mobile phones too because the touchpad/touchscreen is located right above the battery, and the battery while charging can interfere with the touchpad/touchscreen. So....

Yes and therefore you must ground the PSU 🙂 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_(electricity)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

12 minutes ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

tldr. What do i do then?

Ungrounded versus Grounded Outlets - Canadian Home Inspection Services

Hope this makes sense. Check if your adapter has 3 legs, if yes, use a grounded outlet (where you plugin the power supply in the wall)

FS in Denmark/EU:

@DoctorNickYes I do have 3 pins, and I already to plug in the connector into the wall directly.

Microsoft owns my soul.

3 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

@DoctorNickYes I do have 3 pins, and I already to plug in the connector into the wall directly.

ok but the wall outlet isn't grounded then 🙂 

FS in Denmark/EU:

On 1/27/2023 at 9:31 AM, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

@DoctorNickSo what exactly is a grounded outlet in the wall?

Its an outlet that has 3 pins. One of which is reserved for a grounding pin.