Is it worth upgrading from Noctua NH-U9S to Vetroo U6PRO?

Mahbub

I have a Ryzen 5 5600X being cooled by Noctua NH-U9S in Coolermaster NR200p, temps in prime 95 reach upto 75 degrees. how much better temperatures can i expect if i upgrade to Vetroo U6PRO?

You might see slightly lower temps, but 75 degrees is perfectly fine, won't impact performance, and the 5600 dosent need a cooler as big as that one

7 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

You might see slightly lower temps, but 75 degrees is perfectly fine, won't impact performance, and the 5600 dosent need a cooler as big as that one

slightly.. like how much..3 .. or 5? i am also thinking u9s is enough..

8 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

slightly.. like how much..3 .. or 5? i am also thinking u9s is enough..

Probably 5 or so, thinking about it now, I'm not sure if the nr200p could even fit that size of cooler without some drawbacks

5 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Probably 5 or so, thinking about it now, I'm not sure if the nr200p could even fit that size of cooler without some drawbacks

okk.. i am thinking to go for a 240mm aio but then i am too afraid of leaking risk plus my only option is to mount it at the bottom which i ve heard is not good for aio.

There's not a huge benefit to going overboard on cooling low power chips. 

If you're worried about temps, see if you can slightly lower the votlage to the part. 

Your gear won't really last any longer on average. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if a bigger cooler on the motherboard would hurt system longevity more than an extra few degrees on the CPU. 

For context, the same CPU in a laptop is expected to last for years and years and years at around 100C. 

This is coming from someone that used to worry about his Core 2 Duo hitting 55C. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

3 hours ago, Mahbub said:

okk.. i am thinking to go for a 240mm aio but then i am too afraid of leaking risk plus my only option is to mount it at the bottom which i ve heard is not good for aio.

The only aios you can use like that have the pump in the rad which are some nzxt and some be quiets have it in the tubing.But with that case you won't see a big difference in cooling.Watch this video 

No, it's not worth it. 75c is great for load temps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.