The famous Skidrow pirating group complains about its work being copy-pasted

KakaoDj

Yes I also think pirating can boost sales to people who otherwise wouldn't risk buying it.  I also think companies are full of crap with all of their pirates are the end of the industry bologna they like to spew.

However.  Today at least, there are so many free and really low cost alternatives to entertaining ones self through movies/music/gaming.  There is no real reason anyone needs to pirate, say, the new Call of duty or whatever other recently released AAA game or the newest game of thrones.  "I want to use/play/watch/etc" it, to me, isn't reason enough to pirate someone else's IP.  I work hard for my money, I'm sure they work hard for theirs too.(even if it's crap)  I don't need to pirate Game of Thrones, there's more than enough content for me to watch elsewhere, on youtube, on netflix, on cable, on steam sales, GoG sales, GMG sales, origin sales, UPlay sales, spotify, web based radio, that there's no reason for me to ever want to pirate something.  

If someone can't afford the $8/mo for netflix on top of their internet service, or the $2 for steam sale games, or enjoy the many free to play games out there, there are bigger issues at hand than being poor.  If you can't buy a $2 game or a $5 game, why do you even have internet.  Go do odd jobs for people, I'm sure you can earn enough to buy a game.

Now if only HBO would sell their episodes to Netflix....