Bad performance in OBS with VAAPI.

Recently I haven't been able to use the VAAPI encoder for recording in OBS because it just performs awfully. Looking at radeontop it looks like it's completely maxing out my GPU if I try to render anything above 1600x900. My GPU is an AMD Radeon R9 380, something perfectly capable of rendering something as simple as a screen capture at 1080p60 2500Kbps CBR. This isn't a hardware error (at least I don't think it is) as I can record/stream perfectly fine on Windows 10. I've tried multiple distros (including non-bleeding edge distros) and they all net the same result.

I've tried the GStreamer VAAPI plugin for OBS and it's better but it's still unusable.

I've tried to get the AMF encoder working but I'm having some Vulkan issues with it that stops it from working.

I'd like to reiterate that this is only a recent issue. I used to be able to record perfectly fine with VAAPI like half a year ago.

I've looked at the logs and people in the OBS Discord have also looked at the logs and nothing shows up in them.

I've tried the latest version of OBS and version 27.2 of OBS.