Help with listing this at a fair price

Nightangel79
Go to solution Solved by Croptastic,

You're better off selling the parts individually. The mobo and psu especially. Parted out, you might get close to $700

$100 Ryzen 7 2700X (Wraith Prism Cooler) 

$100 ASUS ROG Crosshair VII (Wifi)

$40 970Pro NVME (512)

$50 32GB Corsair Vengeance 

$100 ASUS ROG RX580 OC 8GB

$150 Seasonic Prime Ultra Titaniume 750

$80 Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh C RGB

$80 850v APC UPS

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gdnmzf

Win 11 Pro (activated)

Ryzen 7 2700X (Wraith Prism Cooler)

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII (Wifi)

970Pro NVME (512)

32GB Corsair Vengeance 

ASUS ROG RX580 OC 8GB

Seasonic Prime Ultra Titaniume 750

Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh C RGB

850v APC UPS

Decided to put old parts in a new case and sell, currently listed at a $1000 (US) and trying to figure out if this is overpriced. Finding average prices on all these parts used has been difficult as prices are all over the place.

So my question is, what would any of you pay for this, or would you recommend someone buy at whatever price? I'm throwing in my UPS because it can't handle my new build, and the case is brand new as of last week. 

I'm in a fairly large (ish) market in Cincinnati and Marketplace does fairly well (if that matters). 

Yeah you're waaaaay overpriced here, I'm afraid. The core components that will determine performance for most people (CPU and GPU) will have you topping out at 1080p/60fps/medium settings in newer games, and you can buy or build a system that hits that same mark for around half as much. The extra RAM isn't really going to be relevant to your buyers, nor the beefy PSU. There's a market for secondhand Asus Maximus/Crosshair boards but it's not going to make this system run any better.

You would probably get more money out of parting it out on eBay than trying to sell it as a complete system. You don't have $1000 worth of value here though either way.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

My current rig would be a tough sell for $1000 second hand and the main differences between this and mine are I have 5800x3D and a 5600xt

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

30 minutes ago, Nightangel79 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gdnmzf

Win 11 Pro (activated)

Ryzen 7 2700X (Wraith Prism Cooler)

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII (Wifi)

970Pro NVME (512)

32GB Corsair Vengeance 

ASUS ROG RX580 OC 8GB

Seasonic Prime Ultra Titaniume 750

Lian Li Lancool 205 Mesh C RGB

850v APC UPS

Decided to put old parts in a new case and sell, currently listed at a $1000 (US) and trying to figure out if this is overpriced. Finding average prices on all these parts used has been difficult as prices are all over the place.

So my question is, what would any of you pay for this, or would you recommend someone buy at whatever price? I'm throwing in my UPS because it can't handle my new build, and the case is brand new as of last week. 

I'm in a fairly large (ish) market in Cincinnati and Marketplace does fairly well (if that matters). 

an rx580 rig would not cost 1k im afraid. maybe like 4 years ago.

You're better off selling the parts individually. The mobo and psu especially. Parted out, you might get close to $700

$40 970Pro NVME (512)

$80 850v APC UPS

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

Yeah you're waaaaay overpriced here, I'm afraid. The core components that will determine performance for most people (CPU and GPU) will have you topping out at 1080p/60fps/medium settings in newer games, and you can buy or build a system that hits that same mark for around half as much. The extra RAM isn't really going to be relevant to your buyers, nor the beefy PSU. There's a market for secondhand Asus Maximus/Crosshair boards but it's not going to make this system run any better.

You would probably get more money out of parting it out on eBay than trying to sell it as a complete system. You don't have $1000 worth of value here though either way.

Well crap, I was afraid of that. As soon as I hit post (on marketplace) I was like, maybe that is whack, haha. 

3 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

My current rig would be a tough sell for $1000 second hand and the main differences between this and mine are I have 5800x3D and a 5600xt

3 hours ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

an rx580 rig would not cost 1k im afraid. maybe like 4 years ago.

Meh, lol, I think I paid around 1300 when I built this back in 2018, haha

2 hours ago, Croptastic said:

$40 970Pro NVME (512)

$80 850v APC UPS

Gosh, I started thinking I'd do that, but what a pain. But I ABSOLUELY appreciate yours (and everyone elses) feedback, and this is a good little breakdown. 

I will say, I got the case for 109 and could just return it for a full refund, but honestly I'd rather just price this better and offload, plus I rather like this case, this build looks sweet. 

20230117_140414.jpg

4 hours ago, Nightangel79 said:

Meh, lol, I think I paid around 1300 when I built this back in 2018, haha

That's around the total cost I put into my current rig 😆

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

12 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

Discounted to 800 (for now), then I'll see where it goes.

I guess I will not rule out selling separately, but if I can get it sold as a package I'd much rather that, just to get rid of it. 

16 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

And honestly, I had intended to just reuse a few things and upgrade to a Ryzen 9 5950, an x570, and a RX6900 XT, which would have meant keeping my RAM and PSU and spending around 1k (maybe a bit more as I did want to do an AIO.

And then the Ryzen 9 7950x hit 540 on Amazon and I bought it, realizing in horror that OF COURSE I had to now upgrade EVERYTHING, lmao.

As it stands, the only thing I was able to re-use was my Thermaltake View 71, which had cheesy Blue LED fans, so I swapped those for some QL Corsairs as well. 

• 4 weeks later...