Can you splice wifi antena cables?

Cupcakez

First of all I'm sorry but I don't know the name of that type of cable to be more descriptive.

Long story short, my cat chewed off the wifi antena of my Gigabyte Aorus WBAX200. Already ordered a replacement but the delivery is gonna take some time, meanwhile I'm stuck at an abysmal bandwidth and random disconnects due to the poor wifi signal. 

I was thinking I could try splicing it back together. Will that work at all, temporarily? The wires seem thin to begin with and I'm not sure if I can do it. 

Do you think it's worth the effort? 

(P. S. My last resort is laying an ethernet cable in the middle of the room which I'm trying to avoid because I WILL trip over it.) 

Img of what it looks like (grabbed it from the internet) shopping.webp.f3f95cd2e6bf7d65e9ccb8823a381e22.webp

15 minutes ago, Cupcakez said:

First of all I'm sorry but I don't know the name of that type of cable to be more descriptive.

Long story short, my cat chewed off the wifi antena of my Gigabyte Aorus WBAX200. Already ordered a replacement but the delivery is gonna take some time, meanwhile I'm stuck at an abysmal bandwidth and random disconnects due to the poor wifi signal. 

I was thinking I could try splicing it back together. Will that work at all, temporarily? The wires seem thin to begin with and I'm not sure if I can do it. 

(P. S. My last resort is laying an ethernet cable in the middle of the room which I'm trying to avoid because I WILL trip over it.) 

Img of what it looks like (grabbed it from the internet) shopping.webp.f3f95cd2e6bf7d65e9ccb8823a381e22.webp

As a temporary solution if you can figure out how to do it with such thin cable then sure, its worth a try.  Obviously would not recommend it as a permanent fix as there will be some losses and extra interference getting in.

As long as you make sure the shielding and centre core are not shorting, you should be fine.  Its likely it would work even without the shielding connected, it will just be subject to more interference.

I'd just be wary of the cat chewing on any exposed cable, especially while its active.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

9 hours ago, Cupcakez said:

Img of what it looks like (grabbed it from the internet)

You've got it already so there is really nothing to loose except some time.

Alright guys, sorry for the late update.

Leaving this here if anybody has the same question in the future.

Absolutely, yes it does work. It's almost as good as it was brand new.

Screenshot_1.png