I hate computers so much!!!

empleat

Every time some component breaks, you have to go RMA it and than wait 30 days... It is annoy AF. If you saw my luck you wouldn't wonder,  I have 5 components in a row faulty from 2 shops... SSD dies on me i didn't use it awhile, it wasn't dropped or anything... Every monitor I have cables get stuck there, or DVI didn't fit to monitor but it did to GPU, while it was compatible with both... And there is software bugged, all time solving some bugs, or Windows update deletes windows folder 😄 😄 😄 Also bought motherboard that is whole basically one big EMI shield, but sound card isn't shielded and there is often cracking noises which drive me crazy and i had to buy vertical mount as GPU didn't even fit there and even in expert PC shop they never head about something like that. ASUS is absolutely worst manufacturer, their support sucks, forums load 20 minutes 1 page, even their expensive mobos for 500$ suffer with 1ms+ DPC latency in 2020+ Their mouse sucks hard, everything on them is bad... Also hate changing components, or doing something in PC, even in big tower there is no space as motherboard has to be places at the edge of case anyways, how i can reach there i have hands like big foot... Or ssd slots in cooler master 500hp are moronic, there is no way to connect sata cable there, because you couldn't close case, design of cases relating to motherboards or PSU is especially bad in many cases. We can make microprocessors, but can't make on macroscopic scale stupid piece of metal so it doesn't suck in so many ways... This is so annoying...

17 hours ago, empleat said:

Every time some component breaks, you have to go RMA it and than wait 30 days... It is annoy AF. If you saw my luck you wouldn't wonder,  I have 5 components in a row faulty from 2 shops... SSD dies on me i didn't use it awhile, it wasn't dropped or anything... Every monitor I have cables get stuck there, or DVI didn't fit to monitor but it did to GPU, while it was compatible with both... And there is software bugged, all time solving some bugs, or Windows update deletes windows folder 😄 😄 😄 Also bought motherboard that is whole basically one big EMI shield, but sound card isn't shielded and there is often cracking noises which drive me crazy and i had to buy vertical mount as GPU didn't even fit there and even in expert PC shop they never head about something like that. ASUS is absolutely worst manufacturer, their support sucks, forums load 20 minutes 1 page, even their expensive mobos for 500$ suffer with 1ms+ DPC latency in 2020+ Their mouse sucks hard, everything on them is bad... Also hate changing components, or doing something in PC, even in big tower there is no space as motherboard has to be places at the edge of case anyways, how i can reach there i have hands like big foot... Or ssd slots in cooler master 500hp are moronic, there is no way to connect sata cable there, because you couldn't close case, design of cases relating to motherboards or PSU is especially bad in many cases. We can make microprocessors, but can't make on macroscopic scale stupid piece of metal so it doesn't suck in so many ways... This is so annoying...

Grammar & Proper Punctuation. 

So not to sound like an ass (and I am sure I do), it helps to convey your thoughts better when you don't type up a wall of text. By breaking this up with better formatting your post will help the reader understand your issue. We understand your gripe, but it is more frustrating to try and follow along with what you wrote than feel bad for your situation while working through that post.

I suggest you breathe a little before hitting that submit button; proofread your post, correct it, and then hit that submit button. Trust me, you will get 100% better responses from the community.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Bro, me too. 

I hate computers. 

Always broken and crashing. 

On 1/18/2023 at 12:40 PM, Caroline said:

Stop buying "gaming" cases based on looks alone and you'll notice the good ones, most, if not all gaming cases are indeed terrible. But that doesn't mean ALL cases are. Microserver/Workstation cases is where it's at.

This is what happens when cases are designed around looks instead of ease of access and performance, from the moment someone came up with the "PSU shroud" idea everything went to hell in a handbasket regarding consumer grade cases, they stopped featuring front drive bays where you could simply slide in the drive and secure it with only 4 screws, removed left side fan mounts in favour of moronic tempered glass, front intake fans are merely decorative in a huge amount of cases so you get parts that are constantly overheating and throttling.

Standing here I realise you are just like me, hating this normie trend in computers that has only brought pain to us.

Man I've envied those who have cases with psu shroud but after hearing this I like my old corsair case more, regular disc drive bay and slots for my Lightscribe dvd RW... I suppose these trends are to be expected though with brands like apple and Samsung forcing us down a path where our electronics are a kin to disposable cameras, being nearly unrepairable and there for one time use so to speak, I work with young engineers designing component's and out of 20 only one knows how to build a computer...the rest don't have any hands on experience with computers or even the components they design outside of the CAD files and theory

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

10 minutes ago, Caroline said:

T series? I went for a 760T for the comic amount of HDDs you can fit. And 5 SSDs too. This is the pinnacle of cases.

230t It was practically new at the second hand shop except for no original box $8

15972007088402791682271911255400.thumb.jpg.08cb6fa384de22673e2b16e59439ecd5.jpg

large.IMG_20200829_093547.jpg.80ff9fe27d179dc8ec13394c2d4f99ed.jpg

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

It had much better cable management, plus opening forward instead of pushing backward meant I can open it and get some access without having to unplug everything and remove it from its cubby and I like how 99% of working in it is click together, almost no screwdriver needed

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

T series

star-wars-kylo-ren.gif.f0a78d85fb2da861545b9ac36b5c1b04.gif

34 minutes ago, Caroline said:

impressive-very-nice.gif

I have the same DVD drive too. And two LGs.

Have any lightscribe CDs you'd be willing to part with? I have plenty of DVD but no lightscribe CDs, they're hard to come by and so expensive $50+ for a 30pack

1 hour ago, fpo said:

star-wars-kylo-ren.gif.f0a78d85fb2da861545b9ac36b5c1b04.gif

When goodwill has a better case for $10 I'll get it 😆

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Nope. Just normal discs. And I found the drive in a Dell prebuilt that was soaking under the rain, free hard drive too.

Can't beat free