Do I need exhast fans for my build?

pythonbishop

My pc currently has a Ryzen 5 5600g and no gpu. Because I built it without a gpu, I figured that I did not need anything extra for cooling, and I am currently only using the stock cpu cooler and two intake 120mm fans in the front panel that came with the case. I just recently bought an rtx 3060 and I want to know if I might have any cooling/performance problems if I don't have any fans for exhaust. My case is the Fractal Design Focus G, if that helps.

Why not move one of the intake fans to be exhaust? You only need 1 intake 1 exhaust for this build.

It's not going to be hot enough that it needs great airflow, just decent enough airflow.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Depending on your case and fans you might be able to get away with it. Generally intake is more important than exhaust. Whatever you push through will push out eventually. The stronger the fan the faster the flow.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

That's fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

42 minutes ago, pythonbishop said:

My pc currently has a Ryzen 5 5600g and no gpu. Because I built it without a gpu, I figured that I did not need anything extra for cooling, and I am currently only using the stock cpu cooler and two intake 120mm fans in the front panel that came with the case. I just recently bought an rtx 3060 and I want to know if I might have any cooling/performance problems if I don't have any fans for exhaust. My case is the Fractal Design Focus G, if that helps.

Make sure that there is enough "speed holes" for the air to escape on the back and you will be fine. One thing that will help is to take off all of the PCI covers. I dropped 3c on my GPU by doing that.

Lol speed holes 😄

That's awesome

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14