Suggestions for upgrade path for Ryzen 7 1700 (Early 2023)

EClinus1999

Budget (including currency): Not yet planned (open for options/suggestions)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

• Vegas Pro 20, Android Studio, Oracle VirtualBox, OBS Livestream, Adobe Photoshop
  • Good for Resident Evil 4 RE (2023), Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk 2077, MS Flight Sim. 2020

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello!

I am open for any advice, I've been delaying this upgrade plan for nearly 3 years now. Now, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on what should I upgrade for my PC's CPU. I've decided to focus first with the CPU and to make sure that my PC is Windows 11 ready but I am not about to make the jump just yet. Since Ryzen 7th Gen is out now, my question is, is it practical for me to upgrade to Ryzen 7 3700x and stick to what I have right now? Or it would be wise to invest more towards 5th Gen Ryzen instead? Because I'm no longer updated with parts that needs to be matched up with, just to avoid bottleneck or whatnot.

I wish to know what are my options, that is all.

Lastly, I've inquired someone selling a Ryzen 7 3700x claiming to be brand new, plus it's only "tray model" (meaning doesn't include box and/or HSF). Its asking for Php 7,500 (about USD $137)

Thank you,

Patrick

CURRENT SPECS:

• CPU -- AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • Motherboard -- Gigabyte GA-B450 Aorus Pro WiFi (BIOS: 60h - 04/FEB/2021, ryzen 5000 series ready!)
  • RAM -- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 2x8gb DDR4 Black HS, CL16 1.35v, pn: F4 3000C16D
  • GPU -- AMD RX580 8gb 256-Bit GDDR5 Asus Strix OC Edition 3 FAN Full RGB (Asus Aura)
  • PSU -- Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80+ Bronze FULLY MODULAR
  • MONITOR -- Asus ROG Swift XG27V VA Panel 27" 1080p Panel FREESYNC 144hz Curved Screen
  • Cooling -- NZXT Kraken Z63

I would get a 5600 and a 3060 if vegas matters a lot.  That's probably gonna be the most economic upgrade.  The 5600 will bne way faster and games and slightly faster in vegas, but having CUDA and Tesnor cores on the 3060 will do more for vegas than any CPU upgrade.  The 5600 is also way cheap for what you're getting, won't need a more expensive cooler, and will allow you to get a 3060 off eBay pretty easily.  The 3060 is gonna do more than any CPU upgrade, tho.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.