How much is my old PC worth (UK)

I was going to sell my old PC in the near future but I'm not sure how much it is worth anyone got any estimates in £?

It doesn't have any storage as they going to my new PC

Build info:

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700k
    Case: Corsair Air 240 Cube Case - Borg themed Vinyl (see picture attached)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti
    Case Lighting: Green LED Case Lighting
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler   
    Motherboard: Asus Z170M-PLUS Motherboard
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX750 80 PLUS Bronze 750W PSU

Assimilator_1VR.jpg

~500 US. You don't have any storage listed, does it not come with any? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'd guess £400 or less based on other used systems I see offered. Keep in mind it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and prices change all the time. Maybe the case will attract some people if it is still in good condition, but the rest is rather old now, even if it could be used to rebuild.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I'm curious, do you include the Windows installation inc. the key? 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

One thing that you can do, if you don't either don't get what you believe to get a good price is to try and use it as a tax deduction by giving it to a charitable organization and use their value against next years taxes.

There is a chance that won't take it but its worth the chance before taking it to a computer reycler.

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

~500 US. You don't have any storage listed, does it not come with any? 

all the storage is going to the new PC

51 minutes ago, Lurking said:

I'm curious, do you include the Windows installation inc. the key? 

No that's going to new PC

44 minutes ago, QuanticAI said:

No that's going to new PC

It is kind of understandable not to want to sell (or buy) a used drive (privacy etc.). But if the PC isn't working when sold, it basically is an assembly of parts. Normal customers want to buy a PC, and turn it on and install their software. So you are limited to people able/willing to install a drive and OS. and the buyer needs to trust everything works unless you can demonstrate function with your drive and they know you take it out. So that limits potential buyers and would reduce the price quite a bit. 

BTW, my main rig has the same CPU and it still is a formidable force for normal computer use. I have a very good 120mm air cooler, which lets it run at 4.4 GHz on all 4 cores for hours (converting videos). On an older very good 92 mm air cooler it would drop to 4.2 GHz every few seconds (in very well ventilated case with no dGPU). My MB isn't OC-capable, so this is stock speed. but this CPU really needs excellent cooling to be what it designed to be. But a water cooler has a finite life and as a buyer I would always assume and account for having to buy a new cooler. 

And the case is... polarizing... maybe the right buyer will value it, though. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

54 minutes ago, Lurking said:

It is kind of understandable not to want to sell (or buy) a used drive (privacy etc.). But if the PC isn't working when sold, it basically is an assembly of parts. Normal customers want to buy a PC, and turn it on and install their software. So you are limited to people able/willing to install a drive and OS. and the buyer needs to trust everything works unless you can demonstrate function with your drive and they know you take it out. So that limits potential buyers and would reduce the price quite a bit. 

BTW, my main rig has the same CPU and it still is a formidable force for normal computer use. I have a very good 120mm air cooler, which lets it run at 4.4 GHz on all 4 cores for hours (converting videos). On an older very good 92 mm air cooler it would drop to 4.2 GHz every few seconds (in very well ventilated case with no dGPU). My MB isn't OC-capable, so this is stock speed. but this CPU really needs excellent cooling to be what it designed to be. But a water cooler has a finite life and as a buyer I would always assume and account for having to buy a new cooler. 

And the case is... polarizing... maybe the right buyer will value it, though. 

Well I can get a budget ssd and windows key. and yeah I kind of regretted the case vinyl but it came with the build and looked better on the site at the time

12 minutes ago, QuanticAI said:

Well I can get a budget ssd and windows key. and yeah I kind of regretted the case vinyl but it came with the build and looked better on the site at the time

If you have an old drive, and can get a cheap key, sure. You may also consider parting out the PC. I remember the i7-7700K were quite the hot seller 2 years ago. Especially if you have to buy the SSD. A buyer always will consider the drive as used. 

Its free to post on FB or CL. If you don't already have a drive you can throw in, I'd post it the way you planned. You also could post it with the option of drive or no drive and then throw the drive in if needed. If no takers at a reasonable price, you can explore other options. You also can advertise the parts separately at the same time and see what sells better. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

25 minutes ago, Lurking said:

If you have an old drive, and can get a cheap key, sure. You may also consider parting out the PC. I remember the i7-7700K were quite the hot seller 2 years ago. 

7700k's sell for around $150-175 on US eBay (because people are fools). 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

21 minutes ago, Middcore said:

7700k's sell for around $150-175 on US eBay (because people are fools). 

Problem is, no one might buy the MB and RAM or just for very little. So OP may have to bundle that. And OP also will have to deduct the ebay fees and shipping. But yes, people are fools. The CPU is really great, but not for modern CPU-hungry apps and it uses quite some power. and cooling is expensive. No one ever seems to consider needing a cooler! that beast really needs a very good 120mm cooler in well ventilated case or it throttles. If you buy an i7-7700K for $175, and an adequate cooler, you could get the newest AMD 6-core and that runs circles around it and is W11 eligible. Yes, you still need an MB and so. but just to show how bad of a buy an old CPU is. 2 years ago the i7-7700K sold for $300! i bought it new for $330 6 years ago the day it was released. I seriously considered selling mine and upgrading. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

5 hours ago, Lurking said:

If you buy an i7-7700K for $175, and an adequate cooler, you could get the newest AMD 6-core and that runs circles around it and is W11 eligible.

Heck even the i5-12400 would probably run circles around the 7700k. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580