Fan connector

sullit

Hi can anyone help me on how to plug these cable on my mother board ?

The first cable is a 4 pin molex and the other one is a JST 2 pin connector 

16735093092897629650140482373619.jpg

The MOLEX, connects to a similar male connector from your power supply. The others I have not seen on a fan before I don't think. May it be some RGB connector of some kind? It could be that it's supposed to go on some proprietary RGB controller?

Regardless, never seen any motherboard with these two connectors.

42 minutes ago, sullit said:

Hi can anyone help me on how to plug these cable on my mother board ?

The first cable is a 4 pin molex and the other one is a JST 2 pin connector 

16735093092897629650140482373619.jpg

the question is do you know what each pin does in the jst? is it just power or control? 

i've seen 2 pin jst used for batteries, 3 pins for DRGB and/or DC fan power and control, 

honestly, i wouldn't use this fan in any build unless i had control on what everything does. 

if one of the pins in the jst has the pwm signal it would be possible to use it, but molex i've started to do anything to avoid, even buying more expencive gear just to not or use molex to sata conversion dongle to not have molex out from my psu. 

the distance from the fan end to frame tells me it's loosing alot of effect that will blow back out the front if it's used for static preasure infront of a radiator.  modern fans has so little gap it looses hardly any. 

searched abit on a few fans with a setup like that. looked like it was just jst to molex daisychain link and the fan will blow full power regardless what you do. 

The molex is for power, that's obvious.  I'm not sure why it also has the 5v wire, maybe it uses it to power leds in the fan, if the fan has any, instead of using 12v to power the leds. 

I see a single wire going to the 2 pin connector.

Some fans that use molex connectors for power use a 3 pin connector with only the 3rd position filled, to give the motherboard or a fan hub the the rpm speed. 

It could be the DATA wire for controlling addressable RGB leds inside the fan. The connector for 5V addressable RGB is  ground , voltage (5v) , data - but if the ground and voltage are taken from the molex connector you're left with just the DATA wire, so I guess it could be plugged in that 2 pin connector. 

Maybe the idea is you have to plug those two pin connectors into some kind of fan hub and that fan hub connects to motherboard using a proper 3 pin connector (5v rgb / 12 rgb) and the hub just repeats / splits the data to all fans.

I don't think there is a fan hub that's why I'm lost 

I unplugged this fan because I change the pc case but I couldn't find where to plug it back in 

And the fan doesn't have RGB to my knowledge

Also my motherboard is a gigabyte z97

i originally bought this pc from a electrician

He must have done some voodoo shit to make it work

12 minutes ago, sullit said:

I don't think there is a fan hub that's why I'm lost 

I unplugged this fan because I change the pc case but I couldn't find where to plug it back in 

And the fan doesn't have RGB to my knowledge

Also my motherboard is a gigabyte z97

i originally bought this pc from a electrician

He must have done some voodoo shit to make it work

the molex part is loose and need to connect the two jst's together to get power from molex?. but the fan will go full speed when your pc is on. 

Does the two 2 pin connectors fit together?

Need a picture where you can see the whole cabling.

I think @Robchil is right and you can only connect it to a molex from your PSU and it will run full speed.

image.thumb.png.0eaf71ca33e8ded7e76ee29a776a2855.png

5 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

Does the two 2 pin connectors fit together?

Need a picture where you can see the whole cabling.

I think @Robchil is right and you can only connect it to a molex from your PSU and it will run full speed.

image.thumb.png.0eaf71ca33e8ded7e76ee29a776a2855.png

Yes u can connect these 2 but the cable only has 1 pin and the other 2 holes

Are your talking Abt the whole pc cabling because it's a mess, in a tiny case

There is a molex input in the mess of cable not sure where it leads to but I can plug the molex to it