Small M-ATX case to support Strix 2080ti

dragonhart6505

I’ll make it simple:

MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max motherboard w/ Ryzen 3300x and a Strix RTX 2080ti. I’m looking for suggestions on a small(ish) form factor case that I can mount the GPU with a riser cable above or behind the motherboard. I would like to be able to sit the system horizontally flat with the option to stand it vertically. An included power supply or recommendations are also helpful. I have big hands, but I’m nimble enough to work around tight spaces (ladiiies.)

I don’t plan to run any pretty lights and currently the CPU is cooled by the stock heatsink and fan (I’m not overclocking). In the future I may want to install an AIO cooler, but I would like to keep the footprint as small as possible for now and would upgrade to a larger case later if I choose to do so.

I appreciate the help!

you have a matx board, so its not really going to go sff as thats itx boards really...

16 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

you have a matx board, so its not really going to go sff as thats itx boards really...

Fair…so just a small case then. Thanks for correcting me.

Really then as you want a vertical mounted gpu (don't know of any matx cases that have rear mounted gpus in relation to mobo?) it'll be a cube case like silverstone sugo/thermaltake core etc, though you would need to check the gpu size support

55 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

Really then as you want a vertical mounted gpu (don't know of any matx cases that have rear mounted gpus in relation to mobo?) it'll be a cube case like silverstone sugo/thermaltake core etc, though you would need to check the gpu size support

I would prefer it mounted in-line with the motherboard as I am looking for as slim as possible of a battle station. That’s the reason for using a riser. I don’t care to show off the PC, it just needs an enclosure. Currently this is an open bench setup.

1 hour ago, andrewmp6 said:

Look at the lian li o11 mini air

What I’m gathering from looking online is that there aren’t any small/thin cases for mATX builds. That’s kind of depressing.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ve got standoffs, I might just reinforce a cardboard box for now and mod a case I can find that suits what I’m looking for.

20 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

What I’m gathering from looking online is that there aren’t any small/thin cases for mATX builds. That’s kind of depressing.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ve got standoffs, I might just reinforce a cardboard box for now and mod a case I can find that suits what I’m looking for.

Have you been to https://pcpartpicker.com/

You can search cases and look up builds done in said case.micro atx is a small market right now,Most want either a big atx build or a tiny itx sff build.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, dragonhart6505 said:

I’ll make it simple:

MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max motherboard w/ Ryzen 3300x and a Strix RTX 2080ti. I’m looking for suggestions on a small(ish) form factor case that I can mount the GPU with a riser cable above or behind the motherboard. I would like to be able to sit the system horizontally flat with the option to stand it vertically. An included power supply or recommendations are also helpful. I have big hands, but I’m nimble enough to work around tight spaces (ladiiies.)

I don’t plan to run any pretty lights and currently the CPU is cooled by the stock heatsink and fan (I’m not overclocking). In the future I may want to install an AIO cooler, but I would like to keep the footprint as small as possible for now and would upgrade to a larger case later if I choose to do so.

I appreciate the help!

SAMA im01. 

Or the im02 that's apparently new. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

23 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

there aren’t any small/thin cases for mATX builds

• asus prime ap201
  • sama im01 / tecware fusion
  • jonsbo d30 / d31 full mesh
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini