Having extremely good memory? Why?

I've got "total recall" memory. Which is pretty nice sometimes. Like closing your eyes on a long journey and remembering a movie in great detail.

But that's also true with the horrible memories... 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love higher base stats and I am happy grinding them to higher maximums ;)

So, just work with it and you will be able to remember much more.

When I was in School giving Tests... I could "see and read" from pages in the book and notes from my memory.

That...I do not have.

I can remember something very easily though if I read it and repeat it a couple of times.

That...I do not have.

I can remember something very easily though if I read it and repeat it a couple of times.

Rote learning isn't my thing and I despise reading anything more than once, unless I could not grasp it the first time.

If you train your memory, you can memorise whole books, landmarks, blue prints, code, value of Pi, prime numbers between 0-1,00,00,00,00,00,000 with ease! :D

Possibilities are limitless!

Rote learning isn't my thing and I despise reading anything more than once, unless I could not grasp it the first time.

If you train your memory, you can memorise whole books, landmarks, blue prints, code, value of Pi, prime numbers between 0-1,00,00,00,00,00,000 with ease! :D

Possibilities are limitless!

I will train it!

Oh yeah, funny fact:

There was this exam I was supposed to study for a month in advance of the exam.

I was being lazy and asked my teacher via e-mail what we were supposed to learn only 3 days before the exam. 

I  was shocked at how much we had to remember.

I learned some every night and skimped over it in the train and voila, got out unscathed with a C. :P

This happened about 1 week ago or more.

I seem to have better memory than most of my friends. For instance, I always know when I've already told someone something. I get told things like 5 times by some of my friends

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Corsair has some good memory. :P

I saw the title and just presumed OP was going to ask about the benefits of high clock ram over low clock haha

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Hmmm...I don't tend to remember stuff, unless I tell myself to. There are two instances where I told myself to remember something, and both were for no real reason whatsoever.

The first one was at night. I was lying in bed staring at the door in my room that goes to the roof, and I was wondering where I would be something like 3 years from that date. There was a dim light that I remember to be my night-light, because my panic attacks prevented me from sleeping in the dark. Back then, there was a dark green quilt over the doors window, though I don't really remember why it was there.

The second memory was in direct result of the first one; I was on the school bus in the afternoon something like a year later, and I just let my mind drift, and the memory I just described earlier came into it, just like that. I don't remember who it was, but I was on the lest side of the bus staring at the top of the head of some girl.

I have some other significant memories that I didn't try to remember, a lot from my childhood, but they aren't too important.

And...I just sort of accidentally told myself to remember this particular incident. I should remember this now...

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I find it weird, I have really good long term memory but not short term 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

A good memory is both a blessing and a curse depending on circumstance.

I just overclock my memory to remember things faster.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

My memory is really weird. I can remember facts and random information quickly and pull them out randomly or if necessary, but I cannot for the life of me remember personal information. I cannot clearly remember anything from my past life. I can, however provide vague details like, if you asked me what 5th grade was like, I would say something like I had a teacher whose husband was my middle school teacher. Aside from that, I cannot recall anything else; I can't even remember what I received on my birthdays, holidays, or what years I went on vacation. I can say I did go there, but I don't remember doing anything besides visiting family.

Hey, at least I can tell people about stuff like nuclear deterrence, the eyeborg and Neil Harbisson; or that Emily Haines, the lead singer for Metric, inspired Envy Adams's, from Scott Pilgrim, appearance. 

Also, if you asked me what I just ate for lunch or if something tasted good (and I just consumed whatever you were asking about) I cannot tell you. I might say what it was, but I cannot tell you what it tasted like. Basically, that makes me resemble a tiger shark or a dog since I'll eat whatever to survive regardless of what it tastes like except for certain things like sugary, fatty, and certain organ meats along with fish that still have their heads, skin, fins, and organs - just make sure it's a slab of meat like steak and I'll eat that fish up good.

This might be due to my poor eyesight, but I can't remember streets names either so I can't give directions at all. I depend on landmarks or just outright "feeling" my way through while driving. This is sort of like my mom, but she can remember directions immediately; my dad is normal in that he remembers streets. The main difference is even if I've driven to a place many times, I still don't remember streets and still feel "unfamiliar" with directions, which is even funnier that when you add that my parents and plenty of people get lost and can't return or backtrack without needing to do a U-turn or Y-turn, I can easily use connecting roads to get back. I don't know, maybe it's years of dealing with mini-maps and knowing that cities are usually laid out on a grid and I just know that at least one road will connect back.

I say I don't dream, but apparently that's because I don't remember any of them. Now, add that I prefer it that I don't dream - this is a reason why I don't want to ever learn to dream lucidly. I don't know why, but I don't like dreaming; I don't like knowing what my instincts, subconscious, or emotions (or whatever dreams are) are telling me. So when I do remember them, I usually remember dull dreams like walking, being at school, or even playing a video game. The ones that bother me are ones like kissing a girl. I don't know why, but it just disturbs me even though I had dreams like an upside down world or something stupidly outrageous. I'm weird; I know.

Muscle memory also comes quick, which is probably the reason why I learned martial arts techniques, learned to use my left hand quickly, and learned to drive manual quickly.

I also do not like shocking or horrific things. Stuff like that gets burned into my memory temporarily, but long enough that it's going to leave an impression on me. This is big reason why I don't play horror games or want to do anything in or involving the medical field.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I seem to have better memory than most of my friends. For instance, I always know when I've already told someone something. I get told things like 5 times by some of my friends

Oh my god, this happens to me all the time! I can't understand how people don't remember they've told me something. I have one friend who consistently tells me the same thing about 4 times in one week. I just let him tell me because it's a bit stalker-ish if I say "you told me that before on Monday when we were having lunch in the canteen, then on Wednesday when we were in a maths lesson"...

I think my memory is quite visual, I can't depict details in things I remember but hearing something makes me connect an image to it.

I think my brain is too full of crap about my subjects that I can't remember much more about them. There is so much for me to remember about for the 11 exams I have in June... And most of it relies on memory, not application of learning :/

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Okay, a lot of people say they have good memory, and they say they remember everything. Yet, when I ask them about something which they were present at at the time they can't know.

I however....I recall everything. I don't mean the dates, but I remember a lot of days with perfect clarity, as if to visualize them. Want examples?

- A week ago I went to a shopping street, a shopping street I went to 5 or 6 years ago with my nephew. It was in the dark and I was with my nephew (who I was with at the time too for the first time, he lives there) I asked him: Is there a glasses shop over there on the right? He told me yes (it was not visible), I asked him: Is there a premium clothing shop on the left? He told me yes again

I know this because at the time I went there with him, my uncle and aunt and we went to the clothes store and I tried on a leather jacket, I had spikey hair at the time and I decided not take the jacket, the weather was clear and sunny

- Same nephew 4 years ago, we went to a Burger King at the time in my town, we ordered a burger with hot Jalapeno sauce, I hated it, but I ate it anyway because we bought it already. We went to the clothes store where my father bought my niece and nephew clothes too

-1 month before that me and that nephew were drinking energy drinks (stupid young people eh) while watching a South Park episode in a South Park marathon, it was the episode about Mr Garrisson and him NOT being raped by his father (don't ask, it's South Park)

- 1 year earlier exactly from today, I remember I was gaming at a friend, it was a sunny day, it is Remembrance day(respecting the dead of WW2), the snackbar was open and me and 2 friends got fries at the snackbar. We went back to the house, my friend bought ice tea earlier and sandwiches too, I went with him. We played Mario Smash and 2 of my friends got angry at each other, I remember coming home. (I actually remember this today when I realized the date)

- Particular day when I got to meet  a new friend, it was when I was 14-15. We were talking about WoW and he told me about private servers, we were talking, I can't remember the conversation exactly but he told me it was fun to cheat.

- I can even remember the 4th of May 4 years ago, we were at a friends house with his parents and were paying respect to the dead, my phone went off (awkward) it was my mother, asking when I was coming home. We were playing soccer before, the day was cloudy but it was not raining.

I can give you countless more examples, but I don't want to type it all. I can remember a LOT of days with perfect clarity and what people bought even sometimes (candy, a new item etc)

It saddens me because nobody around me seems to have this kind of memory and when I say: Do you remember that day when..... and they answer: Nope?

Please, tell me I am not alone in this. It isn't bragging, I am really shocked, I had a freaking WTF moment(eyes widen, semi-flashback) an hour ago when I realized what day it was and I can recall what I did last year on this day.

I know what you mean. With my friends I will recall when we did something similar or just when something funny happened in our lives but no one will remember except maybe one of them. I will remember that one moment of day with near perfect clarity but than when it comes to something REALLY important like school or stuff I have to know on the SAT I will completely blank. I think I have a photographic memory but not really sure. But do you have the same problem where you can remember all these days with clarity but then with school or work you just completely blank on stuff that you know you know?

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I am similar to you, OP. Over the last couple years, I trained it. I am now able to get into a certain state of mind to remember absolutely everything about a certain situation. Sometimes it is minutes, sometimes hours. There is no need for a trigger, I have dozens of memories of me in everyday life. Not sure about you, but for me all of those memories are also from a 3rd person view.

I have yet to find a way to put this to use, mainly because unless there is some direct connection to the memory, such as returning to the location or speaking to a person involved, it can take hours to fully recover it at any given time.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I know what you mean. With my friends I will recall when we did something similar or just when something funny happened in our lives but no one will remember except maybe one of them. I will remember that one moment of day with near perfect clarity but than when it comes to something REALLY important like school or stuff I have to know on the SAT I will completely blank. I think I have a photographic memory but not really sure. But do you have the same problem where you can remember all these days with clarity but then with school or work you just completely blank on stuff that you know you know?

Well luckily I don't blank on tests. :P I am fine with those.

Lucky for you, I can't remember what happened yesterday lol

You are better than me. I have difficulty in remembering what happened in the morning after a long day.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I am similar to you, OP. Over the last couple years, I trained it. I am now able to get into a certain state of mind to remember absolutely everything about a certain situation. Sometimes it is minutes, sometimes hours. There is no need for a trigger, I have dozens of memories of me in everyday life. Not sure about you, but for me all of those memories are also from a 3rd person view.

I have yet to find a way to put this to use, mainly because unless there is some direct connection to the memory, such as returning to the location or speaking to a person involved, it can take hours to fully recover it at any given time.

The mind is evil

The mind is evil

Isn't that the beauty of it?

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Well luckily I don't blank on tests. :P I am fine with those.

oh man I blank on tests all the time, drives me crazy.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"