Having extremely good memory? Why?

Okay, a lot of people say they have good memory, and they say they remember everything. Yet, when I ask them about something which they were present at at the time they can't know.

I however....I recall everything. I don't mean the dates, but I remember a lot of days with perfect clarity, as if to visualize them. Want examples?

- A week ago I went to a shopping street, a shopping street I went to 5 or 6 years ago with my nephew. It was in the dark and I was with my nephew (who I was with at the time too for the first time, he lives there) I asked him: Is there a glasses shop over there on the right? He told me yes (it was not visible), I asked him: Is there a premium clothing shop on the left? He told me yes again

I know this because at the time I went there with him, my uncle and aunt and we went to the clothes store and I tried on a leather jacket, I had spikey hair at the time and I decided not take the jacket, the weather was clear and sunny

- Same nephew 4 years ago, we went to a Burger King at the time in my town, we ordered a burger with hot Jalapeno sauce, I hated it, but I ate it anyway because we bought it already. We went to the clothes store where my father bought my niece and nephew clothes too

-1 month before that me and that nephew were drinking energy drinks (stupid young people eh) while watching a South Park episode in a South Park marathon, it was the episode about Mr Garrisson and him NOT being raped by his father (don't ask, it's South Park)

- 1 year earlier exactly from today, I remember I was gaming at a friend, it was a sunny day, it is Remembrance day(respecting the dead of WW2), the snackbar was open and me and 2 friends got fries at the snackbar. We went back to the house, my friend bought ice tea earlier and sandwiches too, I went with him. We played Mario Smash and 2 of my friends got angry at each other, I remember coming home. (I actually remember this today when I realized the date)

- Particular day when I got to meet  a new friend, it was when I was 14-15. We were talking about WoW and he told me about private servers, we were talking, I can't remember the conversation exactly but he told me it was fun to cheat.

- I can even remember the 4th of May 4 years ago, we were at a friends house with his parents and were paying respect to the dead, my phone went off (awkward) it was my mother, asking when I was coming home. We were playing soccer before, the day was cloudy but it was not raining.

I can give you countless more examples, but I don't want to type it all. I can remember a LOT of days with perfect clarity and what people bought even sometimes (candy, a new item etc)

It saddens me because nobody around me seems to have this kind of memory and when I say: Do you remember that day when..... and they answer: Nope?

Please, tell me I am not alone in this. It isn't bragging, I am really shocked, I had a freaking WTF moment(eyes widen, semi-flashback) an hour ago when I realized what day it was and I can recall what I did last year on this day.

thats good...but dont u have anything else to do except remembering everything..lol... :P

thats good...but dont u have anything else to do except remembering everything..lol... :P

It's good in that I can remember what happened, sometimes I think that  people think I make things up but it isn't true! They just have crappy memory.

Lucky for you, I can't remember what happened yesterday lol

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Oh yes,I remember so so many things.Some times I can't when I try to,but I do when I have literally no interest in it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Corsair has some good memory. :P

It's good in that I can remember what happened, sometimes I think that  people think I make things up but it isn't true! They just have crappy memory.

i could only remember the things and the days on which i pay attention to what i did or what happened that day...if i take it casually some things i remember and some things i dont.. :)

Lucky for you, I can't remember what happened yesterday lol

I woke up at 2:34 or 2:36 (can't remember) at noon, my sister woke me up halfway through the morning to tell me that my mom bought a 2 pack of Redbull (prompting me to think: what the hell, why would you wake me for this and why did she buy that)

Then I woke up, I didn't eat anything until 1 hour later aprox when I had a molten cheese (storebought) sandwich. We ate rice with beans and diced meat as dinner with 2 neighbours, me and the neighbour kid were talking about tablets, he thought Apple was superior, I told him it wasn't true, my 12 year old sister told him: Apple isn't that good. (made me proud, I taught her haha)

Then after that I had a Coffee bread (sweet type sandwhich) and and 2 Red Bulls through the evening and night, prompting me not to be able to sleep, I played League of Legends, twice with the same champion, Morgana.  

Oh and  me and my mom and sisters watched funny home videos on tv, then my mom went to sleep early.

I could probably tell you more. :D

I woke up at 2:34 or 2:36 (can't remember) at noon, my sister woke me up halfway through the morning to tell me that my mom bought a 2 pack of Redbull (prompting me to think: what the hell, why would you wake me for this and why did she buy that)

can u tell me the ingredients of redbull by just remembering... :P  

can u tell me the ingredients of redbull by just remembering... :P  

Not really, I remember reading the can.... let me try....

It contains 135mg of caffeine? I don't know....

EDIT: Seems I was wrong.

I'm glad I don't remember my past.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

study up on memory and how memory actually works and you will know that NONE of us actually really have any of those kinds of memories AT ALL and that those we recreate cannot be trusted.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm glad I don't remember my past.

Why?

This is called Eidetic/ Photographic/ Total Recall Memory. It is found in 2% of adult or children older than 10 at varying degrees. It is fairly common and unless you are having a bad time remembering nightmares, you shouldn't concern yourself over it.

-snip-

This is called Eidetic/ Photographic/ Total Recall Memory. It is found in 2% of adult or children older than 10 at varying degrees. It is fairly common and unless you are having a bad time remembering nightmares, you shouldn't concern yourself over it.

To be honest, I can remember 1 nightmare from when I was a kid. -_- Something about being locked in a room with snakes and the door wouldn't open.

Why?

It is not something I would enjoy remembering :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is not something I would enjoy remembering :P

Oh. :/

Not really, I remember reading the can.... let me try....

It contains 135mg of caffeine? I don't know....

EDIT: Seems I was wrong.

there u r... :P ..i think it has 80mg caffeine... :)

so not everything u can remember... :P

Coincidentally I remember a lot of conversations here, thus shaping an image of how that person is per user.

there u r... :P ..i think it has 80mg caffeine... :)

so not everything u can remember... :P

No, but I wasn't studying Redbull for a test eh. :D I glanced over it once but that's it.

To be honest, I can remember 1 nightmare from when I was a kid. -_- Something about being locked in a room with snakes and the door wouldn't open.

I have a very vivid photographic memory, I cannot correlate memory to dates like you can but I do remember sights, sound, smell and people very vividly. Although, I have a hard time putting names to faces, but I do remember where I met them and what I did with them. Memory can be honed like any other skill and you should work on it, it will prove useful.

I have a very vivid photographic memory, I cannot correlate memory to dates like you can but I do remember sights, sound, smell and people very vividly. Although, I have a hard time putting names to faces, but I do remember where I met them and what I did with them. Memory can be honed like any other skill and you should work on it, it will prove useful.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I can't correlate with date either unless it was an important day to begin with. (Remembrance day, Queensday (Dutch holiday)

Smell not so much, it's pure visual, and indeed what I did with them. Feelings I can often recall but not always.

No, but I wasn't studying Redbull for a test eh. :D I glanced over it once but that's it.

lol... :lol: ...still good for u mate... :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I can't correlate with date either unless it was an important day to begin with. (Remembrance day, Queensday (Dutch holiday)

Smell not so much, it's pure visual, and indeed what I did with them.

I love higher base stats and I am happy grinding them to higher maximums ;)

So, just work with it and you will be able to remember much more.

When I was in School giving Tests... I could "see and read" from pages in the book and notes from my memory.