Which SENSOR should I monitor for correct CPU TEMP?

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, which sensor should I monitor to get the precise Temp of my CPU?

I'm currently using TDIE but it's always a HIGH TEMP??

Also, what is the TJMAX and how close is too close to get to it in games etc?

I am air cooled by  Vetroo V5

Thanks

HWINFO CPU TEMP PNG.png

8 minutes ago, RaputerXpert said:

I have a Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, which sensor should I monitor to get the precise Temp of my CPU?

I'm currently using TDIE but it's always a HIGH TEMP??

Also, what is the TJMAX and how close is too close to get to it in games etc?

I am air cooled by  Vetroo V5

Thanks

HWINFO CPU TEMP PNG.png

Tjmax for that chip is going to be 95C, and as long as it is staying low 80s or below it should be fine. (I have a 2600X that does some transcoding on stock cooling and it goes to mid 80's at 3.95ghz all core 

20 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Tjmax for that chip is going to be 95C, and as long as it is staying low 80s or below it should be fine. (I have a 2600X that does some transcoding on stock cooling and it goes to mid 80's at 3.95ghz all core 

So, which sensor on my graphic I uploaded  is the best to monitor?

Also, if I OC beyond 3.8 GHz, mine crashes or XMP memory it crashes OR do 3200MHZ memory it crashes.

Thanks

6 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

So, which sensor on my graphic I uploaded  is the best to monitor?

Also, if I OC beyond 3.8 GHz, mine crashes or XMP memory it crashes OR do 3200MHZ memory it crashes.

Thanks

Tdie is average temp across the die, which is going to be the most relevant for you, Tctl is going to be the hottest spot on the die.

As for clocks:

-3.8 sounds right for 8c/16t

-Ryzen 2000 is annoying with memory, sometimes it takes cranking the voltage, and XMP doesn't always take well. 

-Getting a kit to 3200 on R2000 is a coin flip for the mem controllers and the board, some do it no problem, some struggle to get past 2866. 

8 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Tdie is average temp across the die, which is going to be the most relevant for you, Tctl is going to be the hottest spot on the die.

As for clocks:

-3.8 sounds right for 8c/16t

-Ryzen 2000 is annoying with memory, sometimes it takes cranking the voltage, and XMP doesn't always take well. 

-Getting a kit to 3200 on R2000 is a coin flip for the mem controllers and the board, some do it no problem, some struggle to get past 2866. 

Does Overclocking the RAM or the CPU have a greater effect on performance? In other words, which one alone is a bigger boost in performance Alone and as opposed to when Both are applied?

Thanks. 🙂

I'd just look at individual core temperatures and concern myself with the hottest one.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, RaputerXpert said:

Does Overclocking the RAM or the CPU have a greater effect on performance? In other words, which one alone is a bigger boost in performance Alone and as opposed to when Both are applied?

Thanks. 🙂

Really depends on the workload. If it is a memory intensive workload like a render, frequency will be more important, where with gaming, you want CPU frequency slightly more than RAM frequency. RAM frequency between single steps is going to yield little gain, but 3200 vs 2133/2400 is going to be significant.

generally,  the hotter one lol, simply. 

yours is very close to my 5800x3d btw, congratulations!  😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux