Need to clear cmos before every boot.

JIST
Go to solution Solved by JIST,

Ok, i updated the bios to the latest version, but the problem is still there. System rebooted fine right after the update done in the bios, but once i turn off the PC, cant get it to turn back on unless i redo a clear CMOS.

For the fan monitoring, its just that the AIO Fans arent plugged in CPU_Fan header, so after clear cmos, i get the message saying it doesnt detect CPU_Fan, so i just turn off CPU_FAN monitoring in the bios.

Anyway, i'll probably try to change the CMOS battery in the next days to see if it solves it, it's easy enough. Marking this as solved since its not that big of an issue anyway, just kinda puzzling. Thanks for the tips guys.

Hello everyone, 

Last week, my PC completely froze i was playing some games and i was forced to turn it off by pressing the power button for a few secs. But then, i wasn't able to turn it on 

again until i did a clear cmos on the motherboard (an Asus Rog Strix B550-E gaming). Everything worked good again for a few days.

But now, for the last three days, my PC wont turn on at all unless i do once again a clear cmos. 

So i'd like to know if the problem could be only the cmos battery (that could have been affected by the Freeze and the "hard" turning off), or if there

could be some underlying issues with the motherboard still ?

I wanted to add that on the last clear cmos, i inadvertently did while the PSU was still on, and the PC immediatly started when i shorted the pins.

Thanks for your help.

Just now, JIST said:

Hello everyone, 

Last week, my PC completely froze i was playing some games and i was forced to turn it off by pressing the power button for a few secs. But then, i wasn't able to turn it on 

again until i did a clear cmos on the motherboard (an Asus Rog Strix B550-E gaming). Everything worked good again for a few days.

But now, for the last three days, my PC wont turn on at all unless i do once again a clear cmos. 

So i'd like to know if the problem could be only the cmos battery (that could have been affected by the Freeze and the "hard" turning off), or if there

I wanted to add that on the last clear cmos, i inadvertently did while the PSU was still on, and the PC immediatly started when i shorted the pins.

Thanks for your help.

What are your other components?

CPU is an AMD 5600x with a corsair aio, GPU is a Rtx3070ti. PSU is a bequiet 750w i believe.

But once the PC turns on properly After i clear CMOS it, everything works perfectly, i can use without issues whatsoever, so other components are fine it seems

Could be a battery issue, maybe try changing that. You can only try flashing a new bios to the board and see if that helps

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Are you changing anything in the bios after you clear the cmos? you might be changing a setting that interferes with booting until it is reverted by clearing cmos

Yeah actually 2, one turning off cpu fan monitoring since i have an AIO and turning aura off. I had some docp profile activated too before the problem appeared, but i havent reactivated it during the last 3 days, but needed to clear CMOS anyway.

And once those changes are saved in the bios, the PC reboots fine and goes to OS. 

But if i turn it off, i need to redo the clear cmos and rechange these small settings, and its good again.

2 hours ago, JIST said:

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for your help.

I cannot comment about the CMOS
Can you confirm what you mean by turning off the fan monitoring?
It will work most likely the same way unless it is combined into the pump header...

Can you try to update the BIOS to the latest revision?
And have you tried Asus support? I have had everything work from my experience with them.

Ok, i updated the bios to the latest version, but the problem is still there. System rebooted fine right after the update done in the bios, but once i turn off the PC, cant get it to turn back on unless i redo a clear CMOS.

For the fan monitoring, its just that the AIO Fans arent plugged in CPU_Fan header, so after clear cmos, i get the message saying it doesnt detect CPU_Fan, so i just turn off CPU_FAN monitoring in the bios.

Anyway, i'll probably try to change the CMOS battery in the next days to see if it solves it, it's easy enough. Marking this as solved since its not that big of an issue anyway, just kinda puzzling. Thanks for the tips guys.