Z790 PRO RS and 4 x 16GB DDR5 5600 Compatibility

kryo_
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
46 minutes ago, kryo_ said:

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5600 (PC5 44800) Desktop Memory Model

You know you could have just bought a lighting kit rather than buying a 4x16 kit right?

Rank config is no different, 2x32 youll still get dual rank cause 32gbit ics arent out yet, but boards tend to struggle alot more with 4 sticks than 2 sticks atm cause were still on really early imcs and boards

Today I decided to take a closer look at the specs of the mobo I recently ordered, and I saw this:

2DPC 2R Up to 4800+ MHz (OC), 3600 MHz Natively

I went to look at the RAM I bought and it's 5600Mhz, so I figure I bought the wrong RAM since the motherboard won't be able to fully utilize it.

If anyone could confirm or deny this for me it would be much appreciated.

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5600 (PC5 44800) Desktop Memory Model CMK64GX5M4B5600C36

ASRock Z790 PRO RS
Intel Core i9-13900K

It will support it. That 4800 is the base mhz of ddr5. The + stands for the feature xmp that allows the user to manually overclock the ram to speced mhz clock. Don’t worry it’s fine 

I know it will be supported but I may as well get some cheaper RAM, no? Will the RAM I bought run at full speed?

46 minutes ago, kryo_ said:

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5600 (PC5 44800) Desktop Memory Model

You know you could have just bought a lighting kit rather than buying a 4x16 kit right?

Rank config is no different, 2x32 youll still get dual rank cause 32gbit ics arent out yet, but boards tend to struggle alot more with 4 sticks than 2 sticks atm cause were still on really early imcs and boards

What's a lighting kit? I don't care about RGB if that's what you mean.

I figured I may as well get 4x16 since it seemed faster and cheaper but I now realize the additional sticks will impact the speed.

Gonna swap it out for 2 x 32GB 5200 and save about $85.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

6 hours ago, kryo_ said:

What's a lighting kit? I don't care about RGB if that's what you mean.

I figured I may as well get 4x16 since it seemed faster and cheaper but I now realize the additional sticks will impact the speed.

Gonna swap it out for 2 x 32GB 5200 and save about $85.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I thought you bought rgb rams, usually ppl that go 4 sticks are ppl that want ram rgbs

Also get 5200c28, 5600c30/28, or 6000c32/30 so your rams will be futureproofed, prefferably from gskill cause theyre hynix m die bins (max ~7200 freq) have a chance of coming with hynix a die (8000+ freq), low cl bins are usually hynix m die, cl itself is irrelevant for performance so youll have to oc to reap the performance benifits, the whole point of going ddr5 is futureproofing and getting slow ass ddr5 that cant reach atleast 7200 defeats the whole point of going ddr5 and you may aswell go ddr4