Low Gpu Usage and High Cpu

BluuFr
13 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

More and more games are starting to utilize more than a single core for gaming. Combine that with multiple programs running in the background too and you'll start to use more processes the CPU has to manage. RAM is another big factor and depending on how much @BluuFr has and in what configuration will impact performance. 

Yeah but if you have a good cpu why you change it. if iam building a system now yes i will go for the future proofed varient but it built in 2020 possibly then it is the future you cant really future proof to more than 5 years and the current games only need a octa core it is plenty for it even you stream cpu isnt going to bottle neck the system. i have friends using i5 9400F and Rtx 2080 he never said he have any issue with Cpu bottle neck the OPS issue iam sure its RAM or malware there is no reason 9700 getting 100% used in any game plus he have Nvenc Video encoding why use Cpu acceleration NVENC is pretty good and he have a much better Gpu Than Mine and im Ok with Nvenc.  if he keep this memory config he is going to suffer more from that. BCZ not good ram AMD is going to perform like a Snail. Just change the ram and reinstall windows or see what is using that much Cpu.  it is not the game No game can take advantage of a 8 core Yet he said this behaviour is same with multiple games The chances of that is pretty slim without a malicious app running in the background.  He really don't need a hardware upgrade except that memory the 1% low is a result of single channel memory if you keep that memory to a Amd CPU it is going to love it. 

5 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Yeah but if you have a good cpu why you change it. if iam building a system now yes i will go for the future proofed varient but it built in 2020 possibly then it is the future you cant really future proof to more than 5 years and the current games only need a octa core it is plenty for it even you stream cpu isnt going to bottle neck the system. i have friends using i5 9400F and Rtx 2080 he never said he have any issue with Cpu bottle neck the OPS issue iam sure its RAM or malware there is no reason 9700 getting 100% used in any game plus he have Nvenc Video encoding why use Cpu acceleration NVENC is pretty good and he have a much better Gpu Than Mine and im Ok with Nvenc.  if he keep this memory config he is going to suffer more from that. BCZ not good ram AMD is going to perform like a Snail. Just change the ram and reinstall windows or see what is using that much Cpu.  it is not the game No game can take advantage of a 8 core Yet he said this behaviour is same with multiple games The chances of that is pretty slim without a malicious app running in the background.  He really don't need a hardware upgrade except that memory the 1% low is a result of single channel memory if you keep that memory to a Amd CPU it is going to love it. 

Sure the CPU maybe not so much. There are a lot of variables the OP has to answer our questions in what games they're playing, what memory configuration they have, what else is running with the game, yes I agree with you on possibility of malware but more so on an idling system. 

RAM frequency and DPC matter a LOT more for AMD yes but we're talking about Intel currently, but still matters how many DPC the OP have. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

19 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Sure the CPU maybe not so much. There are a lot of variables the OP has to answer our questions in what games they're playing, what memory configuration they have, what else is running with the game, yes I agree with you on possibility of malware but more so on an idling system. 

RAM frequency and DPC matter a LOT more for AMD yes but we're talking about Intel currently, but still matters how many DPC the OP have. 

And According to User benchmarks (idk these tests are good is the first result on google ) The New Cpu is 1% worse than his old Cpu (1% is error category so i don't count on that) and the Bench marks i find both cpus are in Nechaneck. There is no point spending on that for 2-8% performance increase that is really isn't going to see bcz most of the test was done with 2090/3090 like high end Gpus.  realistically no way the 3060Ti is bottlenecked by a 9700K in gaming for other workloads the AMD cpu is better bcz it does have hyperthreading a missing thing in 9th geb CPUs except the i9s. For the best case scenario He is streamer even then the Performance benefit isn't there 9th gen is still a great cpu for video editing except it take more time to render. but for the worst case scenario He is Just A gamer No multitasking Just Gaming , YouTube, Discord. 9700K handle it without any problem. only area in gaming where you see an good improvement is in strategy style games at realistic settings  even then the NEW cpu is also going to be laggy that games require a lot of processing i guess 

6 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

And According to User benchmarks (idk these tests are good is the first result on google ) The New Cpu is 1% worse than his old Cpu (1% is error category so i don't count on that) and the Bench marks i find both cpus are in Nechaneck. There is no point spending on that for 2-8% performance increase that is really isn't going to see bcz most of the test was done with 2090/3090 like high end Gpus.  realistically no way the 3060Ti is bottlenecked by a 9700K in gaming for other workloads the AMD cpu is better bcz it does have hyperthreading a missing thing in 9th geb CPUs except the i9s. For the best case scenario He is streamer even then the Performance benefit isn't there 9th gen is still a great cpu for video editing except it take more time to render. but for the worst case scenario He is Just A gamer No multitasking Just Gaming , YouTube, Discord. 9700K handle it without any problem. only area in gaming where you see an good improvement is in strategy style games at realistic settings  even then the NEW cpu is also going to be laggy that games require a lot of processing i guess 

Never ever trust User benchmarks; they're biased towards Intel CPUs and just outright awful to use for comparisons. Take anything on that site with a grain of salt. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Never ever trust User benchmarks; they're biased towards Intel CPUs and just outright awful to use for comparisons. Take anything on that site with a grain of salt. 

Oh Ok then which website You suggest until Ltt labs is up and running

2 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

Oh Ok then which website You suggest until Ltt labs is up and running

Watch videos from Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, TechPowerUp, etc. Those are just one's I watch or read (TechPowerUp is more info than a YT).

6 hours ago, BluuFr said:

do yk a good cpu thats very good with the 3060ti?

12400 or 5600 minimum 

3 hours ago, Gokul_P said:

Oh Ok then which website You suggest 

GN

or

HUB (though beware of the amd bias...)

guru3d,  techspot, etc, the usual suspects... they arent going to be 100% accurate but can give you a good baseline...

5 hours ago, Gokul_P said:

9700 is a great cpu

truth is these cpus are often hopelessly overwhelmed by modern games and gpus, *specifically* due to lack of ht, in fact these cpus weren't even great when new,  just one of intels fail designs when the competition was already full on riding the ht train...

reminder ht was never really useless,  since ca. 2007 when games and engines started to take advantage of it.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69167/guerrilla-dev-ps3s-cell-cpu-far-stronger-new-intel-cpus/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT_Framework

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

12400 or 5600 minimum 

GN

or

guru3d,  techspot, etc, the usual suspects... they arent going to be 100% accurate but can give you a good baseline...

truth is these cpus are often hopelessly underwhelmed by modern games and gpus, *specifically* due to lack of ht, in fact these cpus weren't even great when new,  just one of intels fail designs when the competition was already full on the ht train...

reminder ht was never really useless,  since ca. 2007 when games and engines started to take advantage of it.

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3s-cpu-is-more-powerful-than-the-new-intel-cpus.27325/

But is it realy going to be enough to throttle A rtx 3060Ti to 36%. i think even Celerons can do better With the Rtx 3060TI look 

it is not hitting Cpu bootle neck yeah 9th gen isnt good but i strongly disagree bottle necking a 3060 into 36% every bench mark i find online with these spec always indicates a Gpu bottle neck than a Cpu bottle neck very few games close the gap between the two so if you have a 9700 its not a bad Cpu. it isnt the greatest that i totally agree. 

1 hour ago, Gokul_P said:

But is it realy going to be enough to throttle A rtx 3060Ti to 36%. i think even Celerons can do better With the Rtx 3060TI look 

it is not hitting Cpu bootle neck yeah 9th gen isnt good but i strongly disagree bottle necking a 3060 into 36% every bench mark i find online with these spec always indicates a Gpu bottle neck than a Cpu bottle neck very few games close the gap between the two so if you have a 9700 its not a bad Cpu. it isnt the greatest that i totally agree. 

look i agree it's not the worst cpu ever or anything and can still be useful! yes, but there will be games where it gets overwhelmed... i do remember my old 3600 getting pretty much maxed out playing ROTTR at very high settings (along with the GPU being maxxed out too) i just can't see a 9th gen without ht keep up with that ... like yes, its usable but not ideal,  5600 etc are really cheap rn (how'd that happen btw?) its kind of a nobrainer imo...

also idk about this test (may watch later) but i can see this actually being fairly accurate,  depending on the title. 🤔

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

should i get ram or spend the money to get a new cpu and stuff

25 minutes ago, BluuFr said:

should i get ram or spend the money to get a new cpu and stuff

What RAM configuration do you have?

We're asking questions to help you and you're completely skipping over them asking if you should upgrade. 

7 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

12400 or 5600 minimum 

GN

or

truth is these cpus are often hopelessly overwhelmed by modern games and gpus, *specifically* due to lack of ht, in fact these cpus weren't even great when new,  just one of intels fail designs when the competition was already full on riding the ht train...

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69167/guerrilla-dev-ps3s-cell-cpu-far-stronger-new-intel-cpus/index.html

thank-you.gif

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

What RAM configuration do you have?

We're asking questions to help you and you're completely skipping over them asking if you should upgrade. 

thank-you.gif

3000mhz single channel 1 sitck of 16

1 minute ago, BluuFr said:

3000mhz single channel 1 sitck of 16

I would definitely upgrade by either grabbing another identical stick...although may be challenging to enable XMP since they're not sold together as a kit....or simply buying a 32GB DDR4-3200 CL16 kit. 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I would definitely upgrade by either grabbing another identical stick...although may be challenging to enable XMP since they're not sold together as a kit....or simply buying a 32GB DDR4-3200 CL16 kit. 

would that help my 20% gpu usage? and 60% cpu rn im playing apex at 1080p and im getting barely 144 fps constant on all low 19% gpu and 40-60% cpu usage

Just now, BluuFr said:

would that help my 20% gpu usage? and 60% cpu

What games are you playing and at what resolution? 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

What games are you playing and at what resolution? 

1080p and apex , rust, etc fps games and survival games mainly but i look at benchmarks with the same stuff they get like 80-90% gpu usage i dont understand

Just now, BluuFr said:

1080p and apex , rust, etc fps games and survival games mainly but i look at benchmarks with the same stuff they get like 80-90% gpu usage i dont understand

Have you tried DDUing your drivers first just to ensure it's not drivers?? RAM is the next thing to start looking at and being only single-channel is going to hit performance. 

6 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Have you tried DDUing your drivers first just to ensure it's not drivers?? RAM is the next thing to start looking at and being only single-channel is going to hit performance. 

yea i have i need to get a new cpu im pretty sure thats the only things that leads to low gpu usage correct? and high cpu usage

Just now, BluuFr said:

yea i have i need to get a new cpu im pretty sure thats the only things that leads to low gpu usage correct?

Are games stuttering severely and when there's explosions?

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Are games stuttering severely and when there's explosions?

more like when things pop in and its like sometimes from 60 to 90 on rust and then on apex 144 to 80 and i cant even get the fps i should cause my gpu isnt being uitilized fully

4 minutes ago, BluuFr said:

more like when things pop in and its like sometimes from 60 to 90 on rust and then on apex 144 to 80 and i cant even get the fps i should cause my gpu isnt being uitilized fully

RAM is one of the biggest issues you're experiencing so I'd start there.

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

RAM is one of the biggest issues you're experiencing so I'd start there.

that will fix gpu usage?

4 minutes ago, BluuFr said:

that will fix gpu usage?

You're CPU is struggling due to memory bandwidth and only running a single stick of RAM. Most likely it is operating at 1066MHz. 

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

You're CPU is struggling due to memory bandwidth and only running a single stick of RAM. Most likely it is operating at 1066MHz. 

so my gpu usage will be fixed if i get dual channel ram?

10 minutes ago, BluuFr said:

so my gpu usage will be fixed if i get dual channel ram?

There's a good chance it will. What MHz is your CPU hitting while in game?