New graphics card bad preformence

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

CPU doesn't need to be 100% to create a bottleneck.
i5 8400 can be easily stretched to it's limits, many games are multicore aware, and when paired with a FAST GPU, the CPU needs are higher vs your GTX1060.
You are likely CPU limited in Multicore aware titles like Warzone / COD Engine.

RAM Speed/Latency really comes into play at High CPU usage SPECIFICALLY when your are CPU bound, 2400Mhz RAM might be ideal for typical usage, but less efficient for Gaming vs Faster Ram kits, you can be surprised how much slower ram lops off your minfps and avg fps values...
But the combination of CPU/RAM not being up to snuff (VS HIGHFPS expectations) stands out to me as the reason for your lack luster performance.

Just my 2cents on what I think it is.

Hello Everyone 

So recently i have upgraded from a gtx 1060 6gb to a rtx 3060ti (got a sweet deal on it). I have done all the advanced steps such as clearing GPU drivers and installing fresh ones. Also made sure that the card is getting the required power since my power supply is only 550W rated. Checked everything with the card clock speeds/power and it was running up to spec. Unfortunately as soon as I opened Warzone 2 I was disappointed overall increase from the GTX 1060 6gb was about 20 to 10 fps in some areas. I swiftly made my way to the Nvidia control panel played with some setting and it didn't change a lot. Additionally I observed my systems behaviour in game. The card is topping at around 60-70 % (i play on low setting) meanwhile my CPU is hovering at 70 - 85 %. CPU temps were also looking good due to the upgraded cooler never above 70 C. So I began o get confused on how I only gained this little from a major upgrade. I also ran the gpu through a lot better optimised game Valorant and the improvement there was about 120-90 FPS whish is still kind of low for this kind of systems. So I ended up on the best forms I could find.

I am just looking on some answers on why the performance is soo bad when i have watched benchmarks (i know that its not apples to apples comparison) but at least i should expect above 144fps on Warzone 2. Most probable answer is that there is a bottle neck somewhere in the system. But i have no idea which one. The CPU is running at high utilisation but its not maxing out. The power supply is delivering all the power needed to all the complements. When i think about it the most likley sus(pect) is the mother board which is still running the GPU in GDDR5 rather the 6 also it could be the memory only at 2400 or that the game is on a mechanical drive. I will Put my system below.

Am Lost 

Plz Help 

Thank you very much 

Prox  

System.PNG

try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstall you GPU driver.

3 minutes ago, Prox_u said:

Most probable answer is that there is a bottle neck somewhere in the system.

your CPU MIGHT be the bottleneck in this case.

RELOAD BEFOR QUOTING. I EDIT MY POST ALOT!

MARK MY POST AS THE ANSWER IF I HELPED.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | GPU: RTX 2070 Super | Mobo: MSI X470 Gaming Pro | RAM: Corsair vengeance 32GB 8x2 3200mhz CL16 | SSD: Samsung QVO 870 1TB | PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold | Cooler: Thermaltake Contac Silent

12 | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rGR6gb
Displays: ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming i5-1130 RTX3050 16GB | OS: Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, HelloPeople said:

try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstall you GPU driver.

your CPU MIGHT be the bottleneck in this case.

I have used DDU also updated my motherboard BIOS. 

i5 8400 can be easily stretched to it's limits, many games are multicore aware, and when paired with a FAST GPU, the CPU needs are higher vs your GTX1060.

RAM Speed/Latency really comes into play at High CPU usage SPECIFICALLY when your are CPU bound, 2400Mhz RAM might be ideal for typical usage, but less efficient for Gaming vs Faster Ram kits, you can be surprised how much slower ram lops off your minfps and avg fps values...
But the combination of CPU/RAM not being up to snuff (VS HIGHFPS expectations) stands out to me as the reason for your lack luster performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yep it’s CPU bottleneck, CPU just isn’t good enough for a 3060ti. Also ram is a bit slow.

12 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Thank you very much you explain it very well also gave context. 

1 hour ago, Prox_u said:

When i think about it the most likley sus(pect) is the mother board which is still running the GPU in GDDR5 rather the 6

Motherboard can't chance GDDR from 5 to 6. It is fixed by the memory type.