GTA 5 and Xbox 360 mind puzzle

tjrose91

i cant google the answer but i needed detailed answer as it puzzles my mind how they managed to get the game working on the 360 as the end of life was April 2013 for the console and the game was released Sept 2013, the xbox one i can see more of a reality as it was the next gen console so better support and way better hardware 5 more cpu cores, and 10x the ram, more of a pc gamer but my kid likes gta 5 and i got in on the xbox 360, you can only compress the game so much, reduce textures and maybe page file swap was part of the design for the 360 version, any better answers? 

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Type 7th generation console Video Game Console
Price Launch: 299$ - Core; 399$ - 20GB Current: 199$ - 4GB; 299$ - 4GB + Kinect; 299$ - 250GB; 419$ - 250GB + Kinect $399 without Kinect. With Kinect: $499 (US) €499 £429. Xbox One/Titanfall bundle for $450 at Walmart and Best Buy.
Online Services Xbox Live for multiplayer support, downloadable movies, music, and games, online surfing, and meeting other players. Xbox Live. $60 annually or $25 quarterly.
Media DVD, CD, Downloads Blu-ray, DVD, CD, digital downloads
Product Family Xbox Xbox
Units sold worldwide ~84.00 million units 51 million (as of September 2021)
CPU 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon Single-chip x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores, Clock speed 1.75GHz, 32MB of embedded SRAM memory.
Graphics ATI Xenos with 10 MB embedded eDRAM and 512 MB DDR3 video RAM. AMD Next Gen, Radeon HD 7xxx series equivalent
Predecessor Xbox (Original) Xbox 360 / 1st generation Kinect
Controllers up to 4 wireless and/ or wired controllers Up to 8 controllers
Memory (RAM) 512 MB 8 GB DDR3 (5 GB available to games). 32MB ESRAM. 68GB/s Bandwidth.

the xbox 360 wasn't EOL in 2013 though, 2016 afaik. also, gta 5 has been enhanced multiple times, the original was much lower quality, so it wasn't as huge of a downgrade imo to make it work on 360.

This isn't GTA5 related, but it might give some insight as to how some companies managed to get things working on the 360.

9 hours ago, demonix00 said:

This isn't GTA5 related, but it might give some insight as to how some companies managed to get things working on the 360.

i forgotten about the MVG like his channel alot helps me think about the past and my favorite games he did a few on GBC and GBA

On 12/20/2022 at 11:30 AM, demonix00 said:

it did help,figured that reduced visual, the game did need to download two dvds worth of data and requires a disc to be inserted for game play, so thanks,