Who has downgraded Windows 11 back to 10?

seym56

I purchased a framework laptop during the summer of 2022 and after a week decided to try 11 out. Needless to say I think Vista had a better OS than that piece of crap. I kept using it hoping updates would fix the issues I was having, like MP4’s stored on my local hard drive would buffer. I understand that video on the net might buffer due to your connection but not off your hard drive. Generally 11 was just slow. Now that could have been due to my laptop not having a GPU, but I downgraded 4 weeks ago and haven’t had any issues. 

Has anyone else been forced to go back to 10? Or am in the minority?

I bought a new workstation recently and thought I'd install Windows 11. I formatted the drives and installed 10 within 20 minutes, I just couldn't stand the terrible UI. Mainly the "Open with..." being hidden behind like 2 useless menus, adding extra clicks to things I do very frequently. And the new Start sucks too. Shame the UI is such a disappointment and it's still kinda buggy since there are like... 1 or 2 actual improvements it allegedly brings.

I've installed Windows 11 when I built my 12700 system and have been using it since with my previous 10 Pro license. The only machine I have still have on Windows 10 is my work laptop simply because it doesn't support it officially being 7th Gen. Otherwise I would've jumped as well. 

21 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Mainly the "Open with..." being hidden behind like 2 useless menus, adding extra clicks to things I do very frequently. And the new Start sucks too. Shame the UI is such a disappointment and it's still kinda buggy since there are like... 1 or 2 actual improvements it allegedly brings.

Interesting, wonder if that was reverted back with 22H2.
image.png.3f4e140eeea3a15f9d3b667d9f185645.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Win11 is a pain in the *ss.

Solution in search of problem. Too many out of box installs erroring out just updating itself to bother. 

56 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

I bought a new workstation recently and thought I'd install Windows 11. I formatted the drives and installed 10 within 20 minutes, I just couldn't stand the terrible UI. Mainly the "Open with..." being hidden behind like 2 useless menus, adding extra clicks to things I do very frequently. And the new Start sucks too. Shame the UI is such a disappointment and it's still kinda buggy since there are like... 1 or 2 actual improvements it allegedly brings.

heh... yup exactly the same, win10 (1809) forever ...! : D

Spoiler

well, at least until windows 12, i guess 🙃

35 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Interesting, wonder if that was reverted back with 22H2.

where is open in new window,  rename , copy , delete, cut, edit with 3d paint,  send to, pin to start...? (just the most common ones i use very frequently) 

I wouldn't however miss "create shortcut" what a forsakenly stupid little button lol... 

ps: did they really add clipchamp or did you add that manually?  (ok software,  but requires a ms account, which in turn requires a telephone number, so complete no go for me)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

56 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ps: did they really add clipchamp or did you add that manually?  (ok software,  but requires a ms account, which in turn requires a telephone number, so complete no go for me)

I believe it installed automatically when I tried to edit a video with the Photos app. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I believe it installed automatically when I tried to edit a video with the Photos app. 

ah, hmm i suppose it doesn't require an account when its installed this way? i just tried it out in my browser... (i think it was still limited to 30fps or something lol)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ah, hmm i suppose it doesn't require an account when its installed this way? i just tried it out in my browser... (i think it was still limited to 30fps or something lol)

Probably just a recommendation then or something. Still requires a MS Account.

image.thumb.png.3f251dcb1ed950ca312b13971fec49d8.png

2 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Probably just a recommendation then or something

if you mean the fps then no, hard limit was 1080p 30fps... which is why i thought its kind of sad, since it seemed otherwise ok.

maybe they changed it since but seeing that win 10 video editor is also limited to 30fps... not sure.

as for the account requirement and automatic installation... thats against the law, in theory... will be interesting how this develops... (also for google etc)

https://commission.europa.eu/strategy-and-policy/priorities-2019-2024/europe-fit-digital-age/digital-markets-act-ensuring-fair-and-open-digital-markets_en

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I've noticed no difference, positive or negative. I like Windows 11 fine, although it feels unnecessary as well, for my personal daily use.

I installed Win 11 when it was first released (with a TPM 'hack') Noticed a lot of hanging, especially when opening file manager...it would freeze for about 10 seconds. Highly annoying. I've since downgraded to Win 10.

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

I installed Win 11 when it was first released (with a TPM 'hack') Noticed a lot of hanging, especially when opening file manager...it would freeze for about 10 seconds. Highly annoying. I've since downgraded to Win 10.

I was considering doing the same thing...and now I'm sticking with Windows 10. Thanks!

Omg, it's a signature!

1 minute ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

I was considering doing the same thing...and now I'm sticking with Windows 10. Thanks!

To be fair, my issues very well could have been caused by it being an early release or the TPM 2.0 'hack'

• 11 months later...

It's been over a year now, is 11 performing any better? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet and upgrade?