Cheap racing gear

Garnczuuu
Go to solution Solved by Goldilock,

Logitech G29, cannot get any cheaper than that.

Hi i wanted to ask what's a good cheap setup with a steering wheel a shifter and pedals that's decently cheap I already have a PC. I'm mostly gonna be playing fh5 

7 minutes ago, Goldilock said:

Logitech G29, cannot get any cheaper than that.

Got ya , I'll just save up some money . And buy that one, I'll probably get a used one anyways tho cuz the price difference 

You might also want to look at the Thrustmaster T300, escpecially when you're looking for used products.

from the owner of a logitech G29: going for cheapness is a bad choice with racing wheels.

they're difficult to store, they're a mess to set up, they require a lot of game configuration, ...

if the experience isnt better enough to be worth the 15 minutes of setup, you'll just leave it on whatever shelf you store it and game with a controller.

also, if you dont have a 'dedicated' desk for gaming, you arent storing it on your desk. it's just gonna be in the way

i enjoy my G29 for the weekends that i use it.. because it's exactly that: i have to get it off the shelf, install it, game with it, and put it away.. which really isnt happening on an evening where i have 4 hours between work and bed, and somewhere in those 4 hours are dinner and hygiene.

57 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i enjoy my G29 for the weekends that i use it.. because it's exactly that: i have to get it off the shelf, install it, game with it, and put it away.. which really isnt happening on an evening where i have 4 hours between work and bed, and somewhere in those 4 hours are dinner and hygiene.

I've been thinking about getting one too, and you really opened my eyes on this.

But, aren't there fold-able racing wheel stands for like $30-$100?

That should solve a bit of the setting up time right? Seems like a cheap investment to me.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

You might also want to look at the Thrustmaster T300, escpecially when you're looking for used products.

T300 is belt driven, I'm not even sure if people can buy replacement belt outside US and Europe.

no get a pxn v10 its better than the t300 and g29 its it is the same price but more powerful and it works on all and unlike others it comes with a shifter, and you can take out the wheel and swap it unlike others it's just better 

8 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I've been thinking about getting one too, and you really opened my eyes on this.

But, aren't there fold-able racing wheel stands for like $30-$100?

That should solve a bit of the setting up time right? Seems like a cheap investment to me.

that would add to the problem. because now you need to find a place to store your racing wheel stand too, and you still need to connect everything up every time you want to use it.

the logitech wheel bolts to your desk with two big-arse thumb nuts, it's just a lot of parts and things to haul around and plug in if you wan to do some gaming.

also, you're going for the lowest possible price on a racing wheel, yet are going to toss $100 at a piece of metal to hold it up?