should i buy this? HELP

4 minutes ago, DarkAcid1212 said:

No this is from roughly 8-9 years ago. 

so i should not buy it?

4 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

so i should not buy it?

Well, if you are asking if there is a use for it sure. You can put nas, proxmox, or get your feet wet with self-hosting apps or run a personal website. 

9 minutes ago, DarkAcid1212 said:

Well, if you are asking if there is a use for it sure. You can put nas, proxmox, or get your feet wet with self-hosting apps or run a personal website. 

is it any good for gaming? 

Probably not unless you’re thinking about throwing money into it to upgrade it. It’s also a Lenovo so it’s not exactly great 

10 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

what about this one?

image.thumb.png.8585a380fa8ba73fe4e1d457a0f69946.png

its for £30

Post the links to the listings. This has basixally no info.

A z230 is also a decade old and even a top spec unit is awful for games.

What is your goals here? What do you want to run? What is your budget?

Like even for a half decent minecraft machine its 150 pounds.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Post the links to the listings. This has basixally no info.

A z230 is also a decade old and even a top spec unit is awful for games.

What is your goals here? What do you want to run? What is your budget?

Like even for a half decent minecraft machine its 150 pounds.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374396676721

I'm planning on buying new components in the future as i save up like a better GPU, i just need a decent starter desktop so i don't waste money on it.

I will use it to play warframe, Fortnite and Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis.

6 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

is this one any good?image.thumb.png.50d6bc206df0b5c5794c7ae37fdee18e.png

image.png.3ba6fbbbe11f8400fae5dacc60319f7f.png

No. Again, it's a decade old like the others.

Maybe if you let us know which country you want to buy from and what your budget is we can help better than looking at one link at a time?

7 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

is this one any good?image.thumb.png.50d6bc206df0b5c5794c7ae37fdee18e.png

image.png.3ba6fbbbe11f8400fae5dacc60319f7f.png

No. These parts are over a decade old and that GPU is more useful as a space heater than it is for running games. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

none of these are gonna be any good lmfao

Build your own machine with, like, a cheap locked Haswell i7 and locked mobo

11 minutes ago, whispous said:

No. Again, it's a decade old like the others.

Maybe if you let us know which country you want to buy from and what your budget is we can help better than looking at one link at a time?

leicester/england.

i want like to make a desktop, one like linux made in his £69 pc vid (

) which means i can upgrade it in the future like he does after buying the HP Z420

Just now, NF-A12x25 said:

none of these are gonna be any good lmfao

Build your own machine with, like, a cheap locked Haswell i7 and locked mobo

what do you means by locked?

11 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

Non-overclockable.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

a chip you can’t overclock, a non-K chip, because they are cheaper. Like an i7-4790 or 4770 and an H81 motherboard. Pair that with an RX580, a cheap 550-650w PSU that’s in A-C tier of the PSU tier list, a good cooler, and a cheap case and you’ve got a decent system for around $250-300

16 minutes ago, Menotyou said:

leicester/england.

i want like to make a desktop, one like linux made in his £69 pc vid (

) which means i can upgrade it in the future like he does after buying the HP Z420

This is more a for views kinda deal.

The hp z420 is en ENTIRELY different class of systems than the ones shown here too.

If you buy any of the systems now you will NOT be able to play any modern new released in a year (max 2) game decently nonmatter what gpu you put in it.

Thr cpus are too weak and will fall below the absolutle minimum requirement that they are already. Apart from the z230 you showed here NOT A SINGLE ONE will give a decent gaming experience and upgrading them IS A WASTE OF MONEY.

So again

What is your budget?

What are your goals for the system? Be specific.

For 400 pounds you can have a MODERN STARTER will play almost any game out right now used system with fair ease. Freely upgradeable if you get the right one and will last you a long time

At 300 you can get away with something half decent thay will need replacement in the max next 5 years as it will fall to irrelevancy. Spend little money keeping ut relevant.

Under 300 you'll have a pc for 1-2 years thatll play most games and then becomr irrelevant. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON IT.

Under 250 you have an infinite money waster machine.

23 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This is more a for views kinda deal.

The hp z420 is en ENTIRELY different class of systems than the ones shown here too.

If you buy any of the systems now you will NOT be able to play any modern new released in a year (max 2) game decently nonmatter what gpu you put in it.

Thr cpus are too weak and will fall below the absolutle minimum requirement that they are already. Apart from the z230 you showed here NOT A SINGLE ONE will give a decent gaming experience and upgrading them IS A WASTE OF MONEY.

So again

What is your budget?

What are your goals for the system? Be specific.

For 400 pounds you can have a MODERN STARTER will play almost any game out right now used system with fair ease. Freely upgradeable if you get the right one and will last you a long time

At 300 you can get away with something half decent thay will need replacement in the max next 5 years as it will fall to irrelevancy. Spend little money keeping ut relevant.

Under 300 you'll have a pc for 1-2 years thatll play most games and then becomr irrelevant. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON IT.

Under 250 you have an infinite money waster machine.

ok, what will you recommend for £400?