Can anyone tell me what this is?

ManderleyBoy

I got a new monitor the G5 Odyssey by Samsung and I am quite happy with it.

Nevertheless, there are these and these lines on the edge of the screen if you can try to look closely. They are a little easier to notice in person. It is basically an imperfect edge where there is a black thingy sort of making the edge a little uneven. It doesn't bother me to RMA it as I can barely notice it unless I look at it hard. But I am wondering what it exactly is and if it could mean potentially something dangerous. Thanks.

Your image link doesn't work. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Victor Jones said:

PIC

It is like an imperfection on the border/edge. New monitor.

On a lot of screens there is a trim piece between the display and the outer screen (the part you can touch). Hard to tell from in the picture, but it appears yours has an imperfection, crease, or wasn't cut perfectly. I have a friend who had a generic brand monitor that had a similar "issue" other than being a bit of a distraction, it wasn't an issue.

Being a new monitor, if it bothers you, now might be the time to exchange it.

-= Merged threads =-

Its apparent both of these questions are about your monitor, let's keep that conversation in one thread.

Additionally, your photos can be embedded instead of linked; this way people need not fear clicking on a link or worrying about a broken link. Makes things easier for everyone. 👍

KIS = Keep it Simple.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

On a lot of screens there is a trim piece between the display and the outer screen (the part you can touch). Hard to tell from in the picture, but it appears yours has an imperfection, crease, or wasn't cut perfectly. I have a friend who had a generic brand monitor that had a similar "issue" other than being a bit of a distraction, it wasn't an issue.

Being a new monitor, if it bothers you, now might be the time to exchange it.

Nah I'll keep it. It is barley noticeable 

Looks like a monitor defect. Samsung QC is pretty bad on general. I would return it and get another one, and hope for the best.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Looks like a monitor defect. Samsung QC is pretty bad on general. I would return it and get another one, and hope for the best.

Nah it’s ok.