GMMK Pro - Spacebar feels like it's stuck in the mud

Velcade

I just finished my GMMK Pro keyboard "build" and the spacebar feels terrible.  It feels very muted and muddy compared to the rest of the keys.  Is there anything I can do to improve the feedback from this key?  This is my first time building something like this and I don't know a lot about the keyboard space. Any help is appreciated. 

Switch Plate: Aluminum

Switches: Kailh box black

Keycaps: PBT

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Could think of a couple things.

> have you modded your stabilizers? Did you take them off at all? Because you could’ve put one on backwards or not seated it correctly. Also, GMMK Pro stabilizers are steaming cow shit, you may want to replace them with something nice like, say, Durock V2s or Staebies.

> Definitely make sure to clean the stabs IF they’re overlubed.

> Spacebars sometimes warp. Check the bottom against a straightedge for flatness.

I did not remove the stabilizers; I did buy their "premium" stabilizer kit but didn't install it.  Over lubed is a possibility, there is quite a bit on the stabs.  Looks like I'll need to remove everything to get to the stabilizers so I guess I'll install the new stabs while I'm in there.  The space bar is flat; I never thought to check if the caps were straight.

I'll take it apart and see if that improves things.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

On 12/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, Velcade said:

I just finished my GMMK Pro keyboard "build" and the spacebar feels terrible.  It feels very muted and muddy compared to the rest of the keys.  Is there anything I can do to improve the feedback from this key?  This is my first time building something like this and I don't know a lot about the keyboard space. Any help is appreciated. 

the gmmk pro stock stabs are known to be overlubed. you can take the keyboard apart and attempt to remove some lube. its a little annoying but it seems you got their GSv2 stabs which are much better especially if you lube it yourself. as much as i like glorious as a brand. their stabs are very subpar

On 12/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, Velcade said:

GMMK Pro stock stabs are overlubed trash so I would recommend buying some Durock V2 stabs or TX stabs and hand lubing them.