Alternatve softwares for BurnInTest by PassMark

i was hoping if you all have any suggestions about other stress test software that has the same capabilities as burn in test.

20 minutes ago, Samael Leviathan Draco said:

i was hoping if you all have any suggestions about other stress test software that has the same capabilities as burn in test.

Cinebench is a real good synthetic load test for CPU and stability tester

Prime95 is a good power virus

furmark is good for GPU power virus

Heaven is a good stability tester,

13 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Prime95 is a good power virus

furmark is good for GPU power virus

how about for hdd/sdd , ram,  audio tester? i cant seem to find any software alternative for BurnInTest.

10 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

For an all core temp load, it's fine. For a system stability test, not really. With most of my CPUs I can run 300-400MHz higher in Cinebench than I can in IBT, Linpack, OCCT, Prime95 Small FFT, etc. even with the same voltages. Only exception to that is my 13700K, with that chip it's 250MHz. It's still enough to insta-crash in other benchmarks and even some games. 

12 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

For modern GPUs, I'd also fight you on that. It's just such an old benchmark that it doesn't really stress a modern GPU (last 4-5 years) much, if at all. Power draw in Heaven in my experience is about half of that of say Time Spy or other AAA games. It's good for quick testing, but for full system stability it's not something you can rely upon. 

4 minutes ago, Samael Leviathan Draco said:

how about for hdd/sdd

You don't really stress test either of those, usually a stress test would if anything reduce the life span of those parts. You can use a benchmark like CrystalDiskMark to make sure they're performing about as well as they should, but there isn't much else you could use. 

5 minutes ago, Samael Leviathan Draco said:

ram,

TestMem5

HCI MemTest

MemTest86

OCCT

Linpack Xtreme (to some degree, it's more of a CPU stress test, but bad memory settings will crash it)

Y Cruncher system stability tests (VST, for instance, seems to be one of the hardest memory stress tests to pass on 13th gen Intel DDR5 when going for high frequency)

There's others as well that I'm sure I'm forgetting, but those are some of the bigger ones

8 minutes ago, Samael Leviathan Draco said:

audio tester?

A YouTube video? don't really think there's much else to it besides playing audio and making sure it's making sounds that sound correct. 

21 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Power draw in Heaven in my experience is about half of that of say Time Spy or other AAA games.

How on earth did I forget timespy...... *Facepalm*

And I wouldn't run anything but 4k extreme for Heaven for that exact reason. 

Additionally, if going for benchmarks, a few blender renders would be good. 

For Cinebench, fair. But there's also no all in one test. Cinebench I predominantly use as "well it got into to windows, can it handle a sustained load?"

As for memtest86, my experience has been hit or miss, a coin flip as to whether it's going to be worth the huge time sink that it has.

30 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

MemTest86

Are you reffering to the bootable usb one or are you reffering to that crappy memtest that will not detect errors even on the most unstable of rams? I might be confusing some names here

39 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

As for memtest86, my experience has been hit or miss, a coin flip as to whether it's going to be worth the huge time sink that it has.

Yeah, ideally you want to pass all of the memory stress tests, though I'd only really bother if you're trying to do memory overclocking or having random BSODs. 

34 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Are you reffering to the bootable usb one or are you reffering to that crappy memtest that will not detect errors even on the most unstable of rams? I might be confusing some names here

Bootable USB one, not the in Windows one. 

Thank you guys for responding to my queries i appreciate it and i do apologize for something also.... i forgot to mention that i would be testing an office workload pc... typical spreadsheet stuff... and reading your replies got me an idea to use the memtest86...