what router should I get? help

A7XX

I need a urgent router upgrade, i play a lot of online shooters and my isp router doesnt cut it. I need a good one for gaming (I dont use wifi that much) it also helps if its fiber connection ready cuz our neighborhood might be getting those soon.

ASUS TUF Gaming AX5400 802.11ax Dual Band WiFi 6  OR   NETGEAR AX1800 802.11ax AX1800 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit 1800Mbps

What is the issue with your current router? Swapping it out isn’t necessarily going to improve the speeds you see, you’ll probably still have to keep your isp’s router going as it is also the modem. 

19 hours ago, seanondemand said:

What is the issue with your current router? Swapping it out isn’t necessarily going to improve the speeds you see, you’ll probably still have to keep your isp’s router going as it is also the modem. 

the usual lag but my friend got a router and we saw a massive difference

If you're already using an Ethernet cable to go from your pc into your isp provided router/modem combo box (rather than wifi) I don't think spending a couple hundred bucks on a separate wifi router like the ones you listed is going to solve your problem - if you were having wifi issues that would be different. I would do some more diagnosing - maybe see if a friend can come by with their pc and see if they experience the same lag you have been having, to isolate whether it's the connection or your pc. If it's indeed the internet connection, it would then be time to contact your isp and get support from them.