Would adding a shroud around my GPU fans lower temps.

SircarrotII
Go to solution Solved by PriitM,
3 hours ago, SircarrotII said:

Would this help

20221124_001506.thumb.jpg.46541458c4844b837ca40c074d966985.jpg

These fans dont do much at all right now. The fling most of the air out the sides. You are better off taking the original shroud off and strapping couple of regular PC fans WITH shrouds/cages on. 

Where did you even get this idea?

What is that card?
what those fans?

Found a Linus video for your education

In my quest to lower junction temps, I think I shorted out my GPU fan header or fans and now I can't control the fans. So I chopped up two 120's and glued them to the card. Temps are slightly higher but my PC doesn't sound like a jet engine. I am wondering if adding a shroud around the fans would lower temps as I can feel the fans throwing air meaning some of the air isn't going to the heat sink. If I add a shroud, would the shroud force all the air into the heat sink? Here is my card for reference.

937933628_20220914_0655351.thumb.jpg.576be4e85e2abaa7c51cd0610a12e705.jpg

22 minutes ago, SircarrotII said:

In my quest to lower junction temps, I think I shorted out my GPU fan header or fans and now I can't control the fans. So I chopped up two 120's and glued them to the card. Temps are slightly higher but my PC doesn't sound like a jet engine. I am wondering if adding a shroud around the fans would lower temps as I can feel the fans throwing air meaning some of the air isn't going to the heat sink. If I add a shroud, would the shroud force all the air into the heat sink? Here is my card for reference.

So I see a lot of blue lighting, and nothing of anything useful. Maybe try taking a picture with external lights on so we can see what you've done?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

46 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

So I see a lot of blue lighting, and nothing of anything useful. Maybe try taking a picture with external lights on so we can see what you've done?

Would this help

50 minutes ago, SircarrotII said:

Would this help

Yes.

No, it won't. A couple of times in the past, if I had a GPU fan that was fucked, I just took the shroud off entirely and secured a couple of 92mm fans directly into the heatsink. Then I plugged them into a splitter, and that splitter into the motherboard, where I could control their speed in BIOS or using something like Speedfan.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 hours ago, SircarrotII said:

Would this help

These fans dont do much at all right now. The fling most of the air out the sides. You are better off taking the original shroud off and strapping couple of regular PC fans WITH shrouds/cages on. 

Where did you even get this idea?

What is that card?
what those fans?

Found a Linus video for your education