Old childhood games

Wano97

I've tried to open the old pajama sam game I've downloaded but it says this: 

non-supporting 16-bit application

The program or feature "\ \ D:? \ OLDGAMES \ Pajama \ Pajama2.exe" can not start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.

I obviously know what it means, does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried DOSbox, but that doesn't do it

I've tried to open the old pajama sam game I've downloaded but it says this: 

non-supporting 16-bit application

The program or feature "\ \ D:? \ OLDGAMES \ Pajama \ Pajama2.exe" can not start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.

I obviously know what it means, does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried DOSbox, but that doesn't do it

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for. But you could probably like. Sell your mouse and buy a computer that could run that program, lol.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

THAT GAME WAS THE SHIT

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

THAT GAME WAS THE SHIT

Yeah I know haha

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for. But you could probably like. Sell your mouse and buy a computer that could run that program, lol.

Haha I'd rather run this program on my main PC

Run in compatibility mode?

Doesn't do it

THAT GAME WAS THE SHIT

I still have the CD that came with my cereal box. You jelly? :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Weirdly, most of these old games, Pajama Sam and the similar games like Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, have all been added to steam.

That said, can't check the prices to see if its reasonable as steam is currently down. But its always another option if you need your fix.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Weirdly, most of these old games, Pajama Sam and the similar games like Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, have all been added to steam.

That said, can't check the prices to see if its reasonable as steam is currently down. But its always another option if you need your fix.

I've seen them on steam an hour ago, that's what made me download them, I'm not buying a game like that for 5+ Euros

Pretty sure the 64bit version of Windows does not support 16bit applications.

If the installer is 16bit and the program itself is 32bit then this might work.

If the entire program is 16bit then I recommend running it in a virtual machine.

Pretty sure the 64bit version of Windows does not support 16bit applications.

If the installer is 16bit and the program itself is 32bit then this might work.

If the entire program is 16bit then I recommend running it in a virtual machine.

Well I downloaded the 'Setup.exe' which gave me all those files

r9mBvWz.png

All those programs (Except autosam) won't run because they're 16bit

Well I downloaded the 'Setup.exe' which gave me all those files

All those programs (Except autosam) won't run because they're 16bit

Is it a little sad that I got nostalgic by watching "created on" dates in the 1990s? Ahhhh good times.

(or gewijzigd op if you must.....seriously..that can't even be the real word for that:P...I speak german but thats just a weird language right there)

Isn't this the kind of thing you can run from Dosbox?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Is it a little sad that I got nostalgic by watching "created on" dates in the 1990s? Ahhhh good times.

(or gewijzigd op if you must.....seriously..that can't even be the real word for that:P...I speak german but thats just a weird language right there)

Isn't this the kind of thing you can run from Dosbox?

I've tried running it with Dosbox, it doesn't work

PS: Gewijzigd op means 'changed on' actually haha, It's Dutch

I've tried running it with Dosbox, it doesn't work

PS: Gewijzigd op means 'changed on' actually haha, It's Dutch

And here i was thinking that Danish was bad.

Do you want to play it so much that you are willing to run multiple OS? XP might be better.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Yeah 64 bit windows will run 32 bit code fine, but not 16.

As @LAwLz has said, if it's just the installer that is 16bit there could be a way around (people have written 32bit install wizards for some popular old games) or maybe it's possible to install manually, but if the program itself is 16bit it's more troublesome because you must use a virtual machine and run the software within it.