Your opinion on classic windows

(xp and under)

these were the os's that many of us first had i feel sorry for all 6 year olds that never got to experience classic windows

i'm asking what was the funniest moment you had on windows xp and under,

also you're overall opinion 

Thanks in advance if you replied :)

there will also be a poll for if you liked it or not.

oh yeah and... much lines much unorganized its DOGE

I still use my old laptop with Windows 98 to play a bunch of my old games, and I'm getting my old rig together to do the same thing. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I still use my old laptop with Windows 98 to play a bunch of my old games, and I'm getting my old rig together to do the same thing. :)

same deal just with an ANCIENT desktop

<~~ uses classic theme in 7

<~~ uses classic theme in 7

lol

I remember waiting ages for my Windows 98 computer to boot up and playing games like Age of Empires for hours and hours...

I remember going nuts on windows ME when it would take about 3 minutes for windows explorer to open on an almost full 4 GB laptop hard drive.

my mom owned a crappy windows xp computer.  However, I grew up with Windows 7 mainly (never used a computer till I was 9 or 10).  So yeah... 

I liked windows XP for awhile but that was before I got windows 7. In my opinion windows 7 is WAY better than XP. I never liked the look of XP or how the user folders were setup but windows 7 changed everything I didn't like and now I have my dream OS.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I liked windows 95 back then when playing wolfenstein (really old one) and this cave man game where you smak dino's and grab food. and when I got my self a pentium 3 i was addicted to playing delta force online and I had dial up net.

it was a compaq pentium 3 forgot what's inside but I still ave my pentium 4 HP pavilion with me here working and kicking. with windows xp.

Live your life like a dream.

Windows XP was GREAT and I have had the experience to use it up until now where my school shifted to Win7 Enterprise. My first computer had windows 98 but I don't remember that much other than a game where you drove your car down a long road and the challenge was not to hit other cars and on some later level there were cops chasing you .

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Dragging an application that was unresponsive and seeing it copy itself multiple times over... Was a LOT of fun xD

Also my sis still uses Windows XP as her daily driver!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I used windows xp up till a year ago when i built my desktop and put win 7 on it. Still miss XP though. The thing i remeber about XP the most was that pinball game it came with. I could play that thing for hours 

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Back when the classic Windows versions were prevalent, I was in elementary school, so the colorful and simple iMacs (the egg-shaped ones) my school had were some magical object. PCs, by comparison, were ugly and grey.

This love has lasted to today, where I still prefer OS X to Widnows.

Dragging an application that was unresponsive and seeing it copy itself multiple times over... Was a LOT of fun xD

Also my sis still uses Windows XP as her daily driver!

That was always a great distraction. Pretty much 98-XP's best feature!

My family was running ubuntu 4.10 or something like that, it was a big shock to me in 4th grade seeing windows xp for the first time, and then trying to have programs (mostly cruzer's u3 junk) run on my x41. The only windows interaction I had before 4th grade was with clippy. It is really nice now how most programs that I want to use on a daily basis work on every os.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

(xp and under)

these were the os's that many of us first had i feel sorry for all 6 year olds that never got to experience classic windows

i'm asking what was the funniest moment you had on windows xp and under,

also you're overall opinion 

Thanks in advance if you replied :)

there will also be a poll for if you liked it or not.

oh yeah and... much lines much unorganized its DOGE

As you said. It was they were the OS's most people our age grew up with.

I started gaming with my parents WIn95 until they switched relatively fast to Win98

And then finally got my own system running WIndows XP

And I loved it. To the point were I modified the hell out of the OS.

I changed themes, icons, logon screens everything.

To the point were it became quite unstable at some points and I had to reset all of it just to do it all over agin :D

But that way I learned my way around the functions and insides of the OS and I would say this is was made me a PC Enthusiast.

From the fact that you can change it all if you like and to the fact that you have to reconstruct it all if you destroy it.

My recently recovered gaming rig still runs that version of XP ^^

But to be brutally honest.

I also really like windows 8.1 *slowly ducks away*

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

That was always a great distraction. Pretty much 98-XP's best feature!

Nahhhhh, That Windows XP Pinball is da best ;)3d_pinball_for_windows___space_by_scritp

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

a8WnX6Z_460sa.gif

Ahhhh the good old days.

I used to rock the first starcraft and Diablo I and II on Windows 95 and 98 good times good times.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Ahhhh the good old days.

lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I think the best moments were dragging around programs and painting the screen.

But I had used 7 before oXP quote I expected a search bar in the start menu so I eeced that and I use the magnifier program quite a lot and th aero one is amazing but the XP magnifier was pooh.

Windows SpaceCadet (Full tilt) Pinball = best game Ever. :P

Nahhhhh, That Windows XP Pinball is da best ;)3d_pinball_for_windows___space_by_scritp

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I like classic look of windows, i have used classic theme for about 2 months on my windows 7 and i don't really want to go back to aero it feels alot better and brings back memories from win 98 :)