Monitor Arm Help/Advice

DJKiltScor
Go to solution Solved by VIVO-US,

Yeah, those should all do fine on the V003P.  Thicker bezels are what really made things a tight fit, so you should be able to set the monitors at a good viewing position thanks to the slim bezels.

Hello!

I picked up a ZINUS Jennifer 55 Inch Desk a few years ago on an Amazon Prime sale and am looking to pick up a Monitor Arm for my 3 displays. Out of the options, the ones that make the most sense are the free-standing ones, or the C-Clamp version. If I wanted to attach it via C-Clamp, would I have to worry about getting a model with a deeper C-Clamp so that it can get around the 1x1 metal frame, or does it make sense to mount onto that frame? Additionally, do I have to worry about the metal scraping against the metal frame and causing damage? 

Additionally, if anyone has any advice on mounts/brands to pick up, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to do 2 27" horizontal monitors, with a 24" vertical monitor for Twitch Chat, OBS, Notepad, etc. I would like to spend less than $150 if possible but can go a little higher for something more dependable. (I've already confirmed my monitors are VESA compatible and the whole she-bang.)

https://vivo-us.com/collections/monitor-mounts/products/stand-v003fg

https://vivo-us.com/collections/monitor-mounts/products/stand-v103f

Ergotron likes charging Apple-levels of overpricing.  Like over double what Vivo wants.

p.s.

Don't discount floor stands--if you have room.  I'm a firm believer in freeing up desktop space.

5 hours ago, IPD said:

You called? 😁

Of the two in those links, STAND-V103F will be able to support the 27" monitors in the center and one side. The 24" vertical monitor may not be able to come up to the edge of the 27" due to flexibility limitations of the arms though.

The V003FG arms unfortunately aren't quite long enough.  We have one more option with arms that are just long enough to hold the two 27" monitors (fit is a little tight), and the other arm will be more than flexible enough to hold the portrait monitor close to the 27" in the center: https://vivo-us.com/collections/monitor-mounts/products/stand-v003p

To clarify, these are the monitors I have: Dell G2722HS, 2721HGF, and a P2219H. For all three of these models, they've all got the super-thin bezels. The two 27" ones are curved screens as well, with may or may not help with the fit. If they'll be fine on the v003p, that's probably the one I'll end up getting. However, if not, then I'll probably get the v103f. Between the right price point, and not having to worry about mounting the hardware on the back of the desk or drilling a hole to do a grommet mount, I think this option makes the most sense. 

Yeah, those should all do fine on the V003P.  Thicker bezels are what really made things a tight fit, so you should be able to set the monitors at a good viewing position thanks to the slim bezels.