Suvie, the all in one kitchen robot!

iggy12345

Summary

Combines your fridge and oven into a single appliance allowing you to queue up meals so that they're ready on your schedule with little prep time! I saw a commercial for it today and it looks like we're taking the step toward the 3d printed food that they show in the movies.

image.png.07a441957be364ccc48e43a6bd0ad1b8.png

Quotes

"Just load your meal and tell Suvie when you want dinner ready. Suvie automatically refrigerates your food and starts cooking when you tell it. Schedule ahead cool-to-cook works with all cook modes."

My thoughts

With a price of $399 as of 11/8/2022, this seems like a steal if it really does what it says and does actually work outside of their meal plan. This might be, might I say, revolutionary?

Sources

Kitchen Robot | Suvie

more pointless kitchen gear that people will use once and let it collect dust in some corner of their kitchen

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Not much I guess compared to that one robot which was basically a massive thing like a big oven in itself, and made meals practically flawlessly just by dialing stuff in. There was a thread on Hardocp about it, here is a picture:

5289.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

23 minutes ago, iggy12345 said:

Summary

Combines your fridge and oven into a single appliance allowing you to queue up meals so that they're ready on your schedule with little prep time! I saw a commercial for it today and it looks like we're taking the step toward the 3d printed food that they show in the movies.

image.png.07a441957be364ccc48e43a6bd0ad1b8.png

Quotes

My thoughts

With a price of $399 as of 11/8/2022, this seems like a steal if it really does what it says and does actually work outside of their meal plan. This might be, might I say, revolutionary?

Sources

Kitchen Robot | Suvie

If it could store like an entire weeks worth of meals for a family and have them ready at set times I could see this being worth something but being essentially a glorified pre cook timer on your oven I don't see the value 

4 minutes ago, Fasterthannothing said:

If it could store like an entire weeks worth of meals for a family and have them ready at set times I could see this being worth something but being essentially a glorified pre cook timer on your oven I don't see the value 

I honestly wholeheartedly agree, but with the price being what it is, I really think it's taking a step in the right direction

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Not much I guess compared to that one robot which was basically a massive thing like a big oven in itself, and made meals practically flawlessly just by dialing stuff in. There was a thread on Hardocp about it, here is a picture:

5289.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

this definitely wouldn't cost $399

1 minute ago, iggy12345 said:

this definitely wouldn't cost $399

Yeah absolutely though, lol.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

So what makes this a robot?

Company: uhhhhh.... the uhhh... look it has a little screen on it!! it's a robot!!! can you give me money?

This is just a weird, small, electric oven.

Maybe, but it does claim to have refridgeration in it, which is definitely new, I'd be interested to see if LTT or on of it's children wanted to do a video on it, it seems similar to the extremely expensive toaster

2 minutes ago, iggy12345 said:

Maybe, but it does claim to have refridgeration in it, which is definitely new, I'd be interested to see if LTT or on of it's children wanted to do a video on it, it seems similar to the extremely expensive toaster

I mean cooling and heating, literal HVAC units (compressors), fridges and working opposite of hot / as cool with TECs... these are not exactly anything new at all. You can have two in one casing easily. This does indeed seem like a cheap smart oven attempt sort of.

1 minute ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

What kind of nonsense is this. Much prefer the Tokit omni cook.
tokit-omnicook-cooking-007.jpg

I approve of this

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I mean cooling and heating, literal HVAC units (compressors), fridges and working opposite of hot / as cool with TECs... these are not exactly anything new at all. You can have two in one casing easily. This does indeed seem like a cheap smart oven attempt sort of.

I've never seen a kitchen appliance that attempts to automate refrigerating and cooking meals in a single place like this, maybe I'm wrong

I could see this working for time limited people. I can place a meal that should stay chilled until ready to eat in there.

And before i get home set in app to cook said meal. When i get home the meal is ready to eat with barely any, maybe even no interaction from me.

its not for me personally but for 400$ it could pay for itself in time saving alone. And the gratification of having a meal at the ready. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

So... A jack of all trade appliance, master of none I guess.

Or more like, it's just a freezer + oven. 

I was expecting from the title for it being able to do more, like an actual culinary robot. This ain't a robot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

<-- Moved to Off-Topic -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 4 months later...