Is the snapdragon 855 still good for 4-5 years?

so I'm finally upgrading from my realme c3 and my budget tops at 15000 inr which is like 180 usd Nd the redmi k20 pro with a sd 855 in it dropped to the same, should i still go for a phone that was released around 3 years ago albeit with flagship specs?(5g is still a few years into coming in India and it'll still be really expensive so no f's given for that)

I've got a Realme X2 Pro clocking in around 3 years now, it's got a 855+. Still rolls pretty smooth, MBAV or high performance mode (plus 90 Hz) don't seem to affect battery life too much. Then again, this is with ColorME OS. Xiaomi is a lot more of a bloated phone. Going from any Realme to any Xiaomi is a downgrade in terms of software. Their phones come with lots of ads and bloat to this day. Some regions get it less, but they make better phones for rooting the devices.

9 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I've got a Realme X2 Pro clocking in around 3 years now, it's got a 855+. Still rolls pretty smooth, MBAV or high performance mode (plus 90 Hz) don't seem to affect battery life too much. Then again, this is with ColorME OS. Xiaomi is a lot more of a bloated phone. Going from any Realme to any Xiaomi is a downgrade in terms of software. Their phones come with lots of ads and bloat to this day. Some regions get it less, but they make better phones for rooting the devices.

i actually do plan to use a custom rom shortly, cos the official ota have died already, but still compared to realme software, dude the miui is great for the long run, I've used it myself and the realme os just doesn't compare.

You must be living in a dream world, Mi UI is complete dog shit. It's so bloaty it's not even funny. They give you gambling ads and offer Mi Coins, alongside of a bunch of other crap. This gets so bad on some people to a point it degrades the device's performance. Stay far away. Buy this, a lot better battery life, screen and performance. A bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

https://www.amazon.in/realme-Storage-Dimensity-Processor-Display/dp/B09ZBG7J7F/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=realme+narzo&qid=1667793955&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0Ljk1IiwicXNhIjoiNC41MCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNzMifQ%3D%3D&s=electronics&sr=1-10

38 minutes ago, Motifator said:

You must be living in a dream world, Mi UI is complete dog shit. It's so bloaty it's not even funny. They give you gambling ads and offer Mi Coins, alongside of a bunch of other crap. This gets so bad on some people to a point it degrades the device's performance. Stay far away. Buy this, a lot better battery life, screen and performance. A bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

https://www.amazon.in/realme-Storage-Dimensity-Processor-Display/dp/B09ZBG7J7F/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=realme+narzo&qid=1667793955&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0Ljk1IiwicXNhIjoiNC41MCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNzMifQ%3D%3D&s=electronics&sr=1-10

okay I'll see if i can get this 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

I'm not in or from India, but for 180 USD the K20 Pro does seem hard to beat especially if its brand new. SD855 is still strong and screen has no punch hole or waterdrop notch.

The K20 moniker means it was made for the Chinese market (the international version is called Mi 9T Pro) Probably laden with Chinese apps and ads, so you will want to install a custom rom.

The only thing about the phone that is flagship, is the chipset used. The cameras similar to that of a dated mid ranger and lack OIS.

The SD855 is not particularly battery friendly, and battery is only 4,000mAh. So opt for a custom rom that touts good standby time (you will have to search XDA yourself)

the problem is I'm hard constrained by my budget and at this price it just seems the best i can get for my money 

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

INR 22k, the equivalent of $267, a 48.33% hike from what he originally intended to spend

...does not seem to be "a bit more expensive"

It uses a Mediatek chipset. You know how well that works with custom roms

You don't need to custom ROM it, I've been using my X2 Pro with stock ROM flawlessly. The newer Dimensity's are far better chipsets than the old straight 855.

You could also change the argument towards custom ROMs breaking things in the phone. 🙂