Huananzhi x99 F8D plus

Have anyone already tried Huananzhi x99 F8D plus motherboard ?
It is supported PCIe bifurcation ?, specifically for x16 to x4/x4/x4/x4 and x16 to x8/x8 with C Payne bifurcation card ?

I think it's very good for it's price, only about $600 for motherboard with 2x Xeon E5-2696v4 and 4x 32gb DDR4 ECC

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

Can you help me about this, Sir ?

Official Huananzhi customer service answer me with many difference answer, one say it's support bifurcation, but another say don't support...

8 hours ago, meowing.tech said:

Have anyone already tried Huananzhi x99 F8D plus motherboard ?
It is supported PCIe bifurcation ?, specifically for x16 to x4/x4/x4/x4 and x16 to x8/x8 with C Payne bifurcation card ?

I think it's very good for it's price, only about $600 for motherboard with 2x Xeon E5-2696v4 and 4x 32gb DDR4 ECC

https://linustechtips.com/topic/971583-nvme-pcie-card-multiple-drives-x99-chipset/#:~:text=X99 boards can be BIOS modded to support PCIe bifurcation.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

6 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Remember that the board OP is talking about may not even be a real X99 chipset. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yep. It's a risk that everyone takes when buying unknown Chinese boards.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

The X99-F8D does support PCIe bifurcation as per the bios settings are available to enable it.  The PLUS version is the same board with additional PCIe slots and some other features so I presume it does support it as well.

I ordered the X99-F8D Plus motherboard from the HUANANZHI shop and will receive it in about two weeks so I'll let you know how things are going.

I previously had the F8D standard before from HUANANZHI and everything worked as expected, I don`t know about other Chinese X99 brands though.

14 hours ago, Todarivah said:

The X99-F8D does support PCIe bifurcation as per the bios settings are available to enable it.  The PLUS version is the same board with additional PCIe slots and some other features so I presume it does support it as well.

I ordered the X99-F8D Plus motherboard from the HUANANZHI shop and will receive it in about two weeks so I'll let you know how things are going.

I previously had the F8D standard before from HUANANZHI and everything worked as expected, I don`t know about other Chinese X99 brands though.

Thanks for your answer... I will wait...

16 hours ago, Middcore said:

Why do you think it is not x99 chipset ?, they have dual CPU, 80 PCIe lanes from two CPU (3x PCIe 3.0 x16, 3x PCIe 3.0 x8, 2x M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4), and quad channel DDR3

The F8D supports DDR4 as well, hence the "F" as  "Four", the T8D version however "T" as "Three" only supports DDR3.

Hope it helps

4 hours ago, meowing.tech said:

Why do you think it is not x99 chipset ?, they have dual CPU, 80 PCIe lanes from two CPU (3x PCIe 3.0 x16, 3x PCIe 3.0 x8, 2x M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4), and quad channel DDR3

A lot of the time these Chinese "off-brand" HEDT motherboards are not using the actual chipset licensed from Intel they claim to be using, they're using lower-end consumer chipsets with various hacks applied or chipsets salvaged from ewaste boards. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 3:34 AM, Middcore said:

A lot of the time these Chinese "off-brand" HEDT motherboards are not using the actual chipset licensed from Intel they claim to be using, they're using lower-end consumer chipsets with various hacks applied or chipsets salvaged from ewaste boards. 

i hear this from time to time and all i can conclude is "unsubstantiated FUD". And even if true, what difference does it ultimately make to the value proposition?

i see nothing to suggest a lack of bifurcation support either

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004641306211.html

the product description explicitly states 

3*PCIE 3.0 X16; 3*PCIE 3.0 X8 They can be divided into 18*X4 mode for multi-GPU tasks 

I have an hunanzhi mother board à x99 QD4 but I can't manage to make the bifurcation work. there is a setting for that in the bios but it doesn't seem to work. I maybe need to modify other settings but I don't know which one. 

On 2/23/2023 at 5:01 PM, aurelienVIE said:

I have an hunanzhi mother board à x99 QD4 but I can't manage to make the bifurcation work. there is a setting for that in the bios but it doesn't seem to work. I maybe need to modify other settings but I don't know which one. 

Have you solved this problem ?

On 3/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, meowing.tech said:

Have you solved this problem ?

Hi yes i had to install each device one by one and reboot each time. But at the end it work.

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

I was hoping to re-open the orginal topic, hoping to see if anyone had any additional experience on this motherboard?

More for fun than anything else, i would like to do a dual socket build in one of these chinese motherboards.  I have been doing some research, i think i have narrowed down my choices to two.  One is the "Huananzhi x99 F8D Plus" mentioned above or the other would be the "Machinest X99 D8 Max "

I was wondering if someone had any experience with either motherboards and/or other boards from the same companies?

• 7 months later...